跃华学校 2015-2016 学年第一学期期中考试
命题人：Miss Zhou 审核人： 薛舒航 考试时间：2015.11. 本试卷分第Ⅰ卷和第Ⅱ卷两部分，共 11 页。满分 150 分。考试用时 120 分钟。考试结束 后，将答题卡交回。 注意事项： 1. 答题前，考生务必用 0.5 毫米黑色签字笔将自己的姓名、座号、准考证号和科类
填写在答 题卡和试卷规定的位置上。 2. 第Ⅰ卷每小题选出答案后，用 2B 铅笔把答题卡上对应题目的答案标号涂黑；如需改动， 用橡皮擦干净后，再选涂其他答案标号。 3. 第Ⅱ卷必须用 0.5 毫米黑色签字笔作答，答案必须写在各题目指定区域内相应的位置；如 需改动，先划掉原来的答案，然后再写上新的答案；不能使用涂改液、胶带纸、修正带。 不按以上要求作答的答案无效。
第Ⅰ卷（共 100 分） 听力(共两节,满分 30 分)
第一节(共 5 小题；每小题 l．5 分，满分 7．5 分) 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选 项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的 时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. Who is coming for tea? A. John. B. Mark. C. Tracy.
2. What will the man do next? A. Stay for dinner. B. Leave right away. C. Catch a train.
3. What does the man come for? A. A lecture. B. A meeting. C. A party.
4. What size does the man want? A. 35. B. 9. C. 39.
5. What are the speakers talking about? A. Life in Southeast Asia. B. Weather conditions. C. A holiday tour.
第二节(共 15 小题；每小题 l．5 分，满分 22．5 分) 听下面 5 段对话或独白。 每段对话或独白后有几个小题， 从题中所给的 A、 B、 C 三个选项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将 有时间阅读各个小题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。
每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6、7 题。 6. What is the man doing? A. Chairing a meeting. B. Giving a speech. C. Introducing a person.
7. Why does the woman sing so well? A. She has a great teacher. B. She teaches singing. C. She is young. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 8、9 题。 8. What is the second gift for Jimmy? A. A watch. B. A car. C. A computer.
9. Why does Jimmy feel happy? A. He lives with his parents. C. He?s received lots of presents. 听第 8 段材料，回答第 10 至 12 题。 10. What is the relationship between the speakers? A. They are strangers to each other. C. They are husband and wife. 11. Why does the woman come to talk with the man? A. To get a job. B. To take a test. C. To see the secretary. B. They are friends. B. He?s got what he dreamt of.
12. What does the man mean by saying sorry? A. He doesn?t need a designer. B. He can?t hear the woman clearly. C. He can?t help the woman. 听第 9 段材料，回答第 13 至 16 题。 13. What do we know about the woman? A. She lives close to the office. C. She likes the big kitchen. 14. How does the man go to work? A. By bus. B. On foot. C. By car. B. She is new to the company.
15. Why was Susan late for work? A. She missed the bus. B. Her train was late. C. Her car broke down.
16. What will the man do the next day?
A. Visit Lily in her flat.
B. Go to work by train.
C. Leave home earlier.
听第 10 段材料，回答第 17 至 20 题。 17. Where can you most probably hear this talk? A. In a class of the English language. C. In a class of the French language. 18. How long does the Class last? A. 13 weeks. B. 11 weeks. C. 15 weeks. B. In a class of the Greek language.
19. What is “the short-cut” to learning words according to the speaker? A. Taking more courses. B. Reading basic words aloud. C. Learning how words are formed. 20. Why is the class popular? A. It?s taught by Professor Morris. B. is not offered each term. C. It helps to master some useful rules. 第二部分 阅读理解（共两节，满分 40 分） 第一节 (共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分) 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中,选出最佳选项。并 在答题卡上将该选项涂黑． A Xiao Shenyang was born in 1981 in Liaoning, China. He became famous after taking part in the CCTV Spring Festival Gala. He became a student of Zhao Benshan, a famous comedy actor, in 2006. He is good at Er Ren Zhuan, a popular folk (民间 的) song-and-dance duet in northeast China. Many people enjoy his Er Ren Zhuan performances. Can you find a ring in an egg? But Liu Qian, a well-known magician （魔术师） from Taiwan, found it in front of the audiences at 2009 CCTV Spring Festival Gala. Liu Qian was born in 1976. At the age of 12, he won Taiwan’s Youth Magic Competition. To make his performance better, he often performed on streets, roads and other places for people.
Jackie Chan was born on April 7, 1954. His parents called him “Chan Kongsang”, which means “born in Hong Kong”. In the early 1980s, Jackie went to Hollywood. Today, he is well- known all over the world. Many people like his action movies very much.
21. When he was ______years old, Xiao Shenyang became a student of Zhao Benshan. A. 23 A. In 1976 . B. 24 B. In 1980. C. 25 C. In 1988. D. 27 D. In 2006. 22. When did Liu Qian win Taiwan?s Youth Magic Competition? 23. Which of the following is WRONG according to the passage? A. Zhao Benshan is a famous comedy actor. B. Xiao Shenyang is younger than Liu Qian. C. Jackie Chan was born in Hong Kong, China. D. Liu Qian performed in the street to make money. B Life in the twenty-first century The World Future Society is a group of people from more than 80 countries who are interested in how modern technology is making our world better, and who write reports about how it will change our lives. The things that we will be able to do in the twenty-first century (since the year 2000) should help us live better lives in many ways, at home and at work, in our own country and around the world. Here are just some of them, put into five groups. People People may live for up to 120 years and use new technology to help when people go blind, deaf and have other problems. The number of people over a hundred years old could go from 135,000 today to 2.2 million people by 2050. By 2015 people think that 100 million workers will be able to work from home for a company in a different country by using the Internet. Money Worldwide e-business will become even more successful with online shops that sell special products for each person, which will be brought to their house the next day. Environment The technology for making energy from wind and the Sun is growing very quickly.
In the future wind and Sun energy could become much cheaper and many more countries could use it. This would be very useful in poor countries. The air in big cities would also become much cleaner and healthier as a result. Society and culture The Internet will help to create more worldwide friendships. Families may spend more time together as people will be able to do 24-hour online banking and shopping. Technology The new science of “nanotechnology” (very small robots or machines) will make all sorts of products smaller and lighter. Very, very small machines could take away rubbish, make things in factories, and help inside the human body by taking away fat. By 2012 people will be able to wear these small machines that look like watches, which will give them lots of information about their body and keep them healthy. 24. What does the World Future Society do? A. Look at how technology will make people happy. B. Look at how technology will change the world. C. Make technology work better for themselves. D. Make small machines to make us healthier. 25. How will technology help people? A. Help all people live for over 120 years. C. Make people healthier and live longer. 26. How will people go shopping? A. In special shops. C. Using the Internet any time of the day. 27. How will technology help the environment? A. Poor countries will have enough energy. B. Wind energy will be cheaper than Sun energy. C. We will not need wind and Sun energy. D. Wind and Sun energy will be cheaper. C Arriving in Sydney on his own from India, my husband, Rashid, stayed in a hotel for a short time while looking for a house for me and our children. During the first week of his stay, he went out one day to do some shopping. He came back in the late afternoon to discover that his suitcase was gone. He was extremely worried as the suitcase had all his important papers, including his passport. B. Using the Internet at certain times. D. Using nanotechnology. B. Help disabled people to get jobs. D. Help workers to use the Internet.
He reported the case to the police and then sat there，lost and lonely in strange city, thinking of the terrible troubles of getting all the paperwork organized again from a distant country while trying to settle down in a new one. Late in the evening, the phone rang. It was a stranger. He was trying to pronounce my husband?s name and was asking him a lot of questions. Then he said they had found a pile of papers in their trash can（垃圾桶）that had been left out on the footpath. My husband rushed to their home to find a kind family holding all his papers and documents. Their young daughter had gone to the trash can and found a pile of unfamiliar papers. Her parents had carefully sorted them out, although they had found mainly foreign addresses on most of the documents. At last they had seen a half-written letter in the pile in which my husband had given his new telephone number to a friend. That family not only restored the important documents to us that day but also restored our faith and trust in people. We still remember their kindness and often send a warm wish their way. 28. What did Rashid plan to do after his arrival in Sydney? A. Go shopping B. Find a house C. Join his family D. Take his family 29. The girl?s parents got Rashid?s phone number from_______. A. a friend of his family C. a letter in his papers A. Showed B. Sent out B. a Sydney policeman D. a stranger in Sydney C. Delivered D. Gave back
30. What does the underlined word “restored” in the last paragraph mean? 31. Which of the following can be the best title for the text? A. F rom India to Australia. C. Turning Trash to Treasure. B. Living in a a New Country. D. In Search of New Friends. D When milk arrived on the doorstep When I Was a boy growing up in New Jersey in the 1960s，we had a milkman delivering milk to our doorstep．His name was M. Basille. He wore a white cap and drove a white truck．As a 5-year-old boy, I couldn?t take my eyes off the coin changer fixed to his belt．He noticed this one day during a delivery and gave me a quarter out of his coin changer． Of course，he delivered more than milk．There Was cheese，eggs and SO on．If we needed to change our order, my mother would pen a note-“Please add a bottle of buttermilk next delivery” -and place it in the box along with the empty bottles．And
then，the buttermilk would magically(魔术般)appear． All of this Was about more than convenience．There existed a close relationship between families and their milkmen． Mr． Basille even had a key to our house， for those times when it Was so c old outside that we put the box indoors，SO that the milk wouldn?t freeze．And I remember Mr．Basille from time to time taking a break at our kitchen table，having a cup of tea and telling stories about his delivery． There is sadly no home milk delivery today．Big companies allowed the production of cheaper milk, thus making it difficult for milkmen to compete(竞争)．Besides，milk is for sale eve where，and it may just not have been practical to have a delivery service。 Recently, an 0ld milk box in the countryside I saw brought back my childhood memories．I t00k?t home and planted it on the back porch(门廊)．Every SO often my son' sons will ask what it iS· S0 I start telling stories of my boyhood， and of the milkman who brought us friendship along with his milk. 32. Mr .Basille gave the boy a quarter out of his coin changer A．to show his magical power C．to satisfy his curiosity A．He wanted to have tea there． B．to pay for the delivery D．to please his mother B．He was a respectable parson．
33. What can be inferred from the fact that the milkman had the key to the b 啪 house? C．He was treated as a family member． D．He was fully trusted by the family． 34. Why does home milk delivery no longer exist? A． Nobody wants to be a milkman now． B． It has been driven out of the market． C. It has service IS getting poor． A．He missed the good old days． C．He needed it for his milk bottles． D．It is forbidden by law． B．He wanted to tell interesting stories． D．He planted flowers in it． 35.Why did the author bring back home an old milk box?
第二节 (共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分) 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题 卡上将该项涂黑。选项中有两项为多余选项。 Tips for cooking on a Tight Schedule (一个排得紧紧的时间表) From my experience, there are three main reasons why people don?t cook more often: ability, money and time. 36 Money is a topic I?ll save for another day. So today I want to give you some wisdom about how to make the most of the time you spend in the kitchen. Here are three tips for great cooking on a tight schedule:
1. Think ahead. The moments when I think cooking is a pain are when I?m already hungry and there is nothing ready to eat. So think about of the coming week. When will you have time to cook? Do you have the right materials ready? of it and save yourself time later on. Are you making one loaf of bread? for a future meal. 3. 39 worth your time is experimentation. It gives you the chance to hit upon new ideas and recipes that can work well with your appetite and schedule. The more you learn and the more you try, the more ability you have to take control of your food and your schedule. Hopefully that gives you a good start. A. Try new things. B. Ability is easily improved. C. Make three or four instead. D. Understand your food better. E. Cooking is a burden（负担） for many people. F. Let cooking and living simply be a joy rather than a burden. G. A little time planning ahead can save a lot of work later on. 第三部分 英语知识运用 第一节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A, B, C 和 D）中，选出可以 填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。 One Saturday morning a careless car-driver 41 a lighted cigarette out of his car 40 And don?t let a busy schedule discourage you from making some great changes in the way you eat and live! This may surprise you, but one of the best tools for making cooking 38 It takes around the same amount of time to make more of something. So save yourself the effort 37 2. Make your time worth it. When you do find time to cook a meal, make the most
ten miles west of the small Canadian town of Stanton. The forest at the side of the road was 42 because there had been no 43 for many days. Within a few minutes the
trees were 44 fire. A truck driver saw the fire when he was on his 45 to Stanton. As soon as he 47 westwards. When
reached the town he told 46 about it. Soon fire fighters were they arrived the fire they saw was very of a lake 49
48 .It could not spread to the north because 50 .But a 51 wind was carrying
to the south because of a wide
the fire towards Stanton and the fire fighters could not stop it. Then, one of the firefighters 52 a message back to the town 53 radio. 54 of people hurried to a place about a mile 55 of
The chief fire officer and the town. There they 56 through the forest. 57 was town . 41. A. lit 42.A.wet 43.A.snow 44.A.set 45.A.way 46.A the man 47.A.hurrying 48.A.big 49.A.and 50.A.road 51.A.east 52.A.got 53.A.with 54.A.many 55.A.east 56.A.will use 57 A. However 58.A.put 59.A.something 60.A.tried 59
dynamite to blow down the trees and to clear a wide path 58 down because there
the fire reached the path it began to
left to burn. After several hours they 60
to put out the fire and save the
B. threw B. dry B. water B. caught B. path B. the police B. reaching B. small B. or B. farm B. west B took B. from B. most B. north B. use B. Though B. go B. nothing B. succeeded
C. put C. thick C. rain C. on C. road C. the forest C. a rriving C. lar ge C. but C. river C. south C. sent C. on C. hundreds C. south C. would use C. When C. die C. anything C. managed
D. smoked D. heavy D. wind D. in D. street D. the fire D. getting D. little D. even D. forest D. north D carried D. by D. a hundred D. west D. used D. If D. get D. everything D. decided
第Ⅱ卷 （非选择题共 50 分） 第二节、 根据句意及汉语或首字母提示，填写句中所缺的单词( 15 分) 61. I was （尴尬的）by his unexpected question. （态度）to their study.
62. Most students shows a positive
63. My first but also kind.
（印象） of Ms Zhang was that she was not only beautiful
64. His lack of education was a
（弊端） when he looked for a job.
65. A lot of households like to cook meals with natural gas instead of e 66. I?ll . （感激） it if you can give us an answer immediately. （精力充沛的） and full of life. （关系）between you and that boy? You seem to care
67. Young people are always 68. What is the r about him very much.
69.We look out of the window and enjoy the beautiful 70.It was a long 71. Can you
(旅程)，but we eventually arrive d. （平衡）yourself on the ice? (独立的） nations in the 1950?s. （反应） to our plan? （混合） of amusement and despair. （演讲）made us all sleepy.
72. Many colonies in Africa became 73. What is his 74. He looked at her with a 75. The professor?s
第四部分 第一节、完成句子（每空一词共 10 分） 76. I am really_______ _______ _____(期待；盼望)going out for a walk with you on such a fine day. 77. He works hard in order to_____ _____ _________（上大学）. 78. The monitor didn?t study hard, test. 79. He _______ ________ _____ (参加) all kinds of after---school activities every week. 80. You _____ ________ ______（理应）come to school on time every day. 81. My father in our country. 82. We （为......感到自豪）having made great progress. （过去常常） live in the countryside, but now he lives _____ ____ _________（结果）, he failed in the
83. _______ _______ (到目前为止) , we have learned 2000 English words.
（是......的简称）the People's Liberation Army.
85. Our class________ ______ (由......组成）) 49 students. It is a big family. 第二节、写作（25 分） 你从美国学习回来半年多了，你的美国朋友非常想了解你的家乡。请你将你 的家乡的情况，写一封信介绍给他。 要求： 1. 语言表达清晰、流畅；书写优美、规范。 2. 字数 120 字左右，并用上课本所学知识。 ______________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________