2011-2012 学年度高三下学期一调考试 高三年级英语试卷
本试卷分为第一卷（选择题）和第二卷（非选择题）两部分. 第一卷（共三部分， 共计 105 分） 第一部分 听力(共两节，满分 20 分) 听下面五段对话。每段对话后有一道小题。从每题所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项。听完 每段对话后，你将有 10 秒钟时间来回答有关小题和阅读下一小题。每段对话你将
听一遍。 1.What will the man do tomorrow? A. Meet Janet. B. Attend the party. C. Go to the concert.
2. What does the woman suggest the man do? A. Take physics next week. B. Wait for people to drop the course.
C. Wait for new classes to be offered next week. 3. What will the woman probably do? A. Go without dessert. B. Get some apple pie. C. Have some chocolate cake.
4. How much does four 5-pound bags of rice cost this week? A. $5. B.$7.50. C.$10.
5. What was the weather like when the holiday ended? A. Cloudy. B. Sunny. C. Rainy.
第二节： （共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，共 15 分） 听下面 5 段对话或独白。每段对话或独白后有几道小题，从每小题所给的 A、B、C 三个选项中选出 最佳选项。听每段对话或独白前，你将有 5 秒钟的时间阅读每小题。听完后，每小题将给出 5 秒钟的做答 时间。每段对话或独白你将听两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 8 题。 6.What is the last document the woman asks for? A. The license. B. The car registration. C. The proof of insurance.
7. Where does the woman probably work? A. At a garage. At an insurance company. 8. What caused the accident? A. The brake failed. B. The man was speeding C. A car in front stopped suddenly. B. At a police station. C.
听第 7 段材料，回答第 9 至 11 题。 9. Where are the speakers probably? A. At a grocer’s. 10. What does the woman want to buy? A. Medicine. 11. What is the man thinking about? A. His childhood. B. His school. C. His son. B. Toothpaste. C. Toothbrushes. B. At a drugstore. C. At a doctor’s office.
听第 8 段材料，回答第 12 至 14 题。 12. Why did the woman quarrel with Diana? A. Diana lied to her. B. Diana told white lies about her. C. They didn’t agree on something.
13. What do we know about the man? A. He thinks the woman is right. C. He believes the girls are really silly. 14. What will the woman do next ? A. Give Jenny a call. B. Have a talk with Diana. C. Pass the phone to the man. B. He approves of Diana’s opinion.
听第 9 段材料，回答第 15 至 17 题。 15. How does the woman feel about herself at first? A. Excited. 16. What is the man trying to do? A. Find an excuse for doing nothing. B. Persuade the woman to do nothing. C. Explain to the woman why she should do nothing. 17. What has another school group planned to do? A. Plant trees. B. Water trees. C. Clean up the beaches. B. Interested. C. Ashamed.
听第 10 段材料，回答第 18 至 20 题。 18. What relation is Mark to the speaker? A. Her colleague. B. Her secretary. C. Her business partners.
19. How did the speaker send the contract? A. By express. B. By e-mail. C. By fax.
20. Why will the speaker go to San Francisco? A. To go sighting. B. To go on business. C. To work with Mark.
英语知识运用 （共两节， 满分 45 分）
第一节 单项填空 （共 15 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 15 分） 21. I want to take a driving test. As you know, in Hengshui, ______ car is getting to be _____ popular means of transportation. A. the; a B. a; 不填 C. the; the D. a; the
22. Scientists believe native Americans arrived by crossing the land bridge that connected Siberia (西伯利亚)and________ more than 10,000 years ago． A. this is Alaska B. Alaska is now C. is now Alaska D. what is now Alaska
23. They _____ two free tickets to Canada, otherwise they’d never have been able to afford to go there. A. had got B. got C. have got D. get
24. _____ help if you can, and our country will improve more quickly and better. A. Giving B. Give C. Given D. To give
25. ---Can I ask you a question? --- Go ahead. ---What does it A. take to learn English well? B. spend C. cost D. pay
26.No decision ______ about any future plan until we have done some thorough research of the teachers’ preference. A. has been made B. is made C. is being made D. will be made
27. ---Tom is never late for work. Why is he absent today? ---____ anything _____ to him? A．May---happen C．Could ---have happened 28.--- When shall we go planting trees in the hill? --- ______ it begins to rain, so they don’t need watering. A. Till B. While C. Not until D. Unless B．Should ---have happened D．Must---have happened
29. I must think of a proper gift for her, ______ won’t be expensive but will make her happy. A. the one which B. that C. it D. one that
30.I'll have all of the readings ______ by the end of this term if my plan goes well． A．completing B．to complete C．completed D．being completed
31. As soon as the manager entered his office, he began to ______ the telephone book on his desk. A. look up B. look through C. look upon D. look for
32. Written in a hurry,__________. How can it be satisfactory? A．they found many mistakes in the report C．there are plenty of mistakes in the report B．Sam made lots of mistakes in the report D．the report is full of mistakes
33. ________, his mother has to take care of him at home. A. Being ill B. He being ill C. He is ill D. His to be ill
34. ---Are all our guest here? --- Not yet… Look, there _______ the rest ! A. comes B. come C. is coming D. are coming
35. ---Can I come and have a look at your new computer? ---Yes, ______! A. with pleasure B. I like it C. I quite agree D. by all means.
第二节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分） 阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项中选出可以填入空白的最佳选项. My grandparents were married for over half a century, and played their own special game from the time they had met each other. The goal of their ___36___ was to write the word "shmily" in a surprise place for the other to find. They __37___ leaving "shmily" around the house, and ___38__one of them discovered it, it was their turn to hide it once more. Little notes with "shmily" scribbled(潦草的写) hurriedly were___39___ on dashboards and car seats, or taped to steering wheels. It took me a long time before I was able to ___40___appreciate my grand-parents' game. Skepticism （怀疑 论）has__41___me from believing in true love---one that is pure and lasting. However, I never doubted my grandparents' ___42___. It was more than their flirtatious(调戏的) little games; it was a way of life. Their relationship was based on a devotion and passionate affection which not everyone is ___43_ to experience. But there was a dark ___44___ in my grandparents' life: my grandmother had breast cancer. As always, Grandpa was___45__ her every step of the way. He comforted her in their yellow room, painted that way so that she could always be surrounded by sunshine. Now the cancer was again ___46___ her body. With the help of a cane and my grandfather's steady hand, they went to church every morning.__47__ my grandmother grew steadily weaker until, ___48___, she could not leave
the house anymore. For a while, Grandpa would go to church alone, praying to God to watch over his wife. Then one day, what we all feared finally ___49___. Grandma was gone. "Shmily." It was ___50___in yellow on the pink ribbons of my grandmother's funeral bouquet. As the crowd __51__ and the last mourners turned to leave, Grandpa stepped up to my grandmother's casket and, taking a deep ___52___, he began to sing to her. Through his tears and grief, the song ___53___ as a deep and throaty lullaby(催眠曲). Shaking with my own sorrow, I will never forget that ___54___. For I knew that, although I couldn't begin to understand the depth of their love, much I love you. 36．A．game 37．A．shook hands 38．A．even if 39．A．found 40．A．accurately 41．A．resulted 42．A．relationship 43．A．lucky 44．A．occasion 45．A．for 46．A．sheltering 47．A．But 48．A．completely 49．A．worked 50．A．possessed 51．A．thinned 52．A．measure 53．A．occurred 54．A．moment 55．A．absorbed B．note B．played tricks B．as soon as B．searched B．nearly B．promised B．game B．wise B．cloud B．on B．catching B．So B．finally B．crashed B．organized B．surrounded B．breath B．came B．panic B．disappointed C．action C．took turns C．as far as C．sought C．fully C．influenced C．significance C．modest C．trick C．with C．knocking C．Thus C．unfortunately C．happened C．formed C．hesitated C．decision C．disappeared C．offer C．privileged D．life D．made comments D．if only D．looked D．deeply D．kept D．performance D．exact D．separation D．in D．attacking D．And D．personally D．paused D．written D．marched D．risk D．poured D．occasion D．occupied I had been ___55___ to witness its unmatched beauty. SHMILY: See how
第三部分 阅读理解（共 20 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 40 分） 第一节：阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最佳选项。
A In 1939 two brothers, Mac and Dick McDonald, started a drive-in restaurant in San Bernadino, California. They carefully chose a busy corner for their location. They had run their own businesses for years, first a theater, then a barbecue(烤肉) restaurant, then another drive-in. But in their new operation, they offered a new, shortened menu: French fries, hamburgers, and sodas. To this small selection they added one new idea: quick service, no waiters or waitresses, and no tips. Their hamburgers sold for fifteen cents. Cheese was another four cents. Their French fries and hamburgers had a remarkable uniformity(一致性), for the brothers had developed a strict routine(程序) for the preparation of their food, and they insisted on their cooks’ sticking to their routine. Their new drive-in became surprisingly popular, particularly for lunch. People drove up by the hundreds during the busy noontime. The self-service restaurant was so popular that the brothers had allowed ten copies of their restaurant to be opened. They were content with this modest success until they met Ray Kroc. Kroc was a salesman who met the McDonald brothers in 1954, when he was selling milkshake-mixing machines. He quickly saw the special attraction of the brothers’ fast-food restaurants and bought the right to franchise(特许经营) other copies of their restaurants. The agreement included the right to duplicate(复制) the menu, the equipment, even their red and white buildings with the golden arches(拱门). Today McDonald’s is really a household name. In 1976, McDonald’s had over $ l billion in total sales. Its first twenty-two years is one of the most surprising success stories in modern American business history. 56. This passage mainly talks about _______. A. the development of fast food services B. how McDonald’s became a billion-dollar business D. Ray Kroc’s business talent
C. the business careers of Mac and Dick McDonald
57. Mac and Dick managed all of the following businesses except _______. A. a drive-in B. a theater C. a cinema D. a barbecue restaurant
58. We may infer from this passage that _______. A. Mac and Dick McDonald never became wealthy for they sold their idea to Kroc. B. the place the McDonalds chose was the only source of the great popularity of their drive-in C. forty years ago there were lots of fast-food restaurants D. Ray Kroc was a good businessman 59. The passage suggests that _______. A. creativity is an important element of business success
B. Ray Kroc was the close partner of the McDonald brothers C. Mac and Dick McDonald became broken after they sold their ideas to Ray Kroc D. California is the best place to go into business
HIGHFIELD COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOL SCHOOL REPORT Form Teacher: G. Baker Term: Subject English Summer 2010 Exam 59 Class work 61 needs to apply himself with more determination. Sound work and progress throughout the year. Well Mathematics 77 85 done! A disappointing exam result. He is unable to give History 46 53 attention to this subject for long. His obvious ability in the subject was not fully reflected Chemistry 78 85 in his exam work, but I have high hopes for him nevertheless. An excellent term’s performance. He goes from strength Physics 86 94 to strength. A born scientist, I feel. This time next year he will be taking the “0” exam. He Biology 57 60 needs to concentrate on the work, not on class conversation. Clearly he didn’t bother to revise. His general attitude is French Physical / Education FORM TEACHER’S REMARKS 31 voice less. He should try to work with a team. HEADMASTER
Pupil’s Name: Simon Watkins Form: Ⅳ B Comments Simon has reached a satisfactory standard but now
46 far too casual. Weak. It’s time he exercised his body more and his
Basically satisfactory work and progress though he will now have realized, I hope, that in certain subject areas he needs to make speedy improvement.
I shall be keeping an eye on his progress in his weaker subjects though his success in the sciences is most pleasing.
60.According to the comments of the Physical Education teacher, Simon_______. A .is too talkative in the class B. likes to work with his classmates
C. doesn’t exercise his body at the right time D. becomes weak because he doesn’t exercise at all 61. Which of Simon’s subjects will attract the headmaster’s attention in future? A. Biology and Maths. C. English and Chemistry. B. History and French. D. Physics and Physical Education.
62. Which of the following statements best describes Simon? A. He has made great progress in language classes. B. His potential has been fully reflected in science classes. C. His grade in maths makes him a born scientist. D. He needs to improve his attitude on certain subjects. 63. Based on the school report, which of the following statements is true? A. Simon didn’t bother his teacher to revise French. B. Basically, Simon did a good job in science. C. Simon is a determined learner in English. D. Simon is able to pay attention to history for long. C Do you know what really troubles me? For some reason, words with silent letters have always bothered me. For example, consider these words: know, design, island, school, wrist, naughty, and salmon. All of these words have at least one letter that is not typically pronounced, and these words are just a very small part of words with silent letters in them. Some words are even worse, consider this word: colonel. Not only are some letters not pronounced, but letters that are not even there are pronounced. Even foreign languages, especially French, are guilty of this needless complexity and confusion. I know there must be some main historical reasons why the words are spelled and pronounced the way they are, but that does not mean bad traditions must continue to survive. Especially if they are no longer logical.
Unfortunately, there is very little that anyone can do for it, because there’s no group of people who can change or have the right to change the English language for everyone. However, the only thing we can do is make changes in the way we talk and write in hopes that it catches on. For example, I pronounce the letter “l” in salmon on purpose to make people annoyed and to sound more different or complicated. I even pronounce colonel the correct or French way. I can only hope these two minor changes to the English language make sense to you, and you will help to keep up these minor changes forever in your everyday life. 64. Which of the following is the main reason for silent letters? A. French language. B. Historical reasons. C. Some linguists D. Bad traditions.
65. The underlined phrase “catches on” probably means “________”. A. becomes popular B. gets across C. follows the fashions D. doesn’t fall behind
66. Which of the following is the best title for this passage? A. Troubles in everyday life C. Words with silent letters B. Traps in English words D. Necessary changes of languages D Attempt a guess at the following question: In the English-speaking world, which country has the least affordable homes? You are wrong if you guessed the US, even with the housing bubble （气泡） and main sadness. Nor is it the UK, where prices have risen because demand is far from supply. According to a recent survey of 227 cities around the globe, you must go south of the equator （赤道） to Australia to find the priciest homes． The report measured a city’s housing market along the following guidelines. An “affordable” home required three times or less of the average family’s income to purchase. At four times earnings, a home fell into the “unaffordable” category. And a “seriously unaffordable” home needed five times a family’s income. In Australia, homes in the least affordable city cost just about 9,5 times the average income. Sydney, Perth, and Melbourne were only a little under this figure． Australian officials offered little comment, apart from a general statement on the dismal findings. These prices make the possibility that many Australians will one day own a home largely unbelievable. Land rationing （配给制） and excessive development charges have raised prices, and the problem will only be solved through urgent action by the Rudd government． Some American cities were also included on the least affordable list, four of which were in California. America is still involved in a mortgage （抵押） crisis, though, affecting the affordability of homes. Yet a number of
US cities garnered “affordable” status, namely Dallas and Kansas. Australia had no cities listed in the top fifty places with affordable homes． The survey suggests that you can find affordable homes in most places, just not if you’re Australian and choose to live down under． 67. To buy an affordable house, you should pay _____． A. 3 times or less of the average family’s income B. 4 times or less of the average family’s income C. 5 times or less of the average family’s income D. 9.5 times or less of the average family’s income 68. What caused the prices of houses to increase in Australia? A．The rising family’s income． C．The excessive development charges． B．The demand over supply. D．The decrease of land．
69.The underlined word “dismal” in Paragraph 3 may mean _____． A． cheerful B． satisfactory C． difficult D．sad
70. What might be the most suitable title for the passage? A． Affordable Houses C． Housing Bubble B． A House is a Dream First D． Homes Too Expensive
第二节: 信息匹配. 根据短文内容，从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多 余选项。(注意：涂在答题卡上，E 涂 AB F 涂 AC G 涂 AD)
It doesn't come as a surprise to you to realize that it makes no difference what you read or study if you can't remember it. You just waste your valuable time． 71 One dependable aid that does help you remember what
you study is to have a specific purpose or reason for reading． Why does a clerk in a store go away when your reply to her offer to help is, "No, thank you．I'm just looking."? Both you and she know that if you aren't sure what you want, you are not likely to find it．But suppose you say instead, "Yes, thank you．I want a pair of sun glasses." She says, "Right this way, please" 72 If you choose a book, "just looking" for nothing in particular, you are likely to get just
that--nothing．But if you do know what you want, you are almost sure to get it．Your reasons will vary; they will include reading or studying "to find out more about", "to understand the reasons for" and "to find out how"． 73 Before you start to study, you say to yourself something like this, "I want to know why Stephen
Vincent Benet happened to write about America"．Because you know why you are reading or studying, you relate
the information to your purpose and remember it better． 74 At least two important processes go on at the same time．As you read, you take in ideas rapidly and
accurately． at the same time you express your own ideas to yourself as you react to what you read. You have a But kind of mental conversation with the author． This additional process of thinking about what you read includes evaluating it, relating it to what you already know, and using it for your own purposes．75 One part of critical reading, as you have discovered, is
distinguishing between facts and opinions．Facts can be checked by evidence, Opinions are one's own personal reactions．Another part of critical reading is judging sources．Still another part is drawing accurate inferences． A．Maybe you have already discovered some clever ways to keep yourself from forgetting． B．It is important for students to have a positive attitude to their study． C．You remember better when you know what you' re reading． D．In other words, a good reader is a critical reader． E．It’s quite the same with your studying． F．Reading is not one single activity． G．This is the way it works． 第二卷（共三部分，共计 45 分） （以下主观题均转写在答题纸上） 第一节：词汇与完成句子(共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分) 请根据汉语提示或首字母用适当的词填空，或用所给词的适当形式填空。 1. The work was done to his own _________(满意), but in my opinion it was badly done. 2.Under no______________ (情况) can anyone break the law. 3. I got an (电的) shock from that faulty light switch.
4. In September 1939, Britain ___________(宣布) war on Germany after Germany invaded Poland. 5. He 指控) his boss with having broken his word. 上的词是一空一词，可以填词或短语，保证句意准确无误。
6. Dave 安排人开车送他回家。 Dave ________ ________ someone to drive him home. 7. 据报道新总统下个月要上台。 It is reported that the new president will ______ _______ _________next month. 8. 他所担心的是不让他去医院看他妈妈。
What worried the child most was______ _______ _____ ________ to visit his mother in the hospital. 9. 一个信守诺言的人总是受到人们的欢迎。 A person who ______ ______ _____ is always welcome in the group. 10. 在试卷返回之后他才意识到他出错了。 Only after his papers were returned to him _____ _____ _____ ______ the mistakes he had made. 第二节：短文改错（共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分） （见答题纸） 第三节：书面表达（满分 25 分） 你们班会讨论的主题是“上大学是高中生唯一的出路吗？”请你根据所给的表格及汉语提示写一篇短文， 你的主要观点如下： 1． 增长学识，提高素养，利于择业。 2． 成功的路不只一条。 3． 学费高，就业难。 注意：1）词数：100 左右；2）开头以为你写好，不计算在字数之内。 参考词汇：素养：quality 观点 上大学 无所谓 不上大学 学费：tuition 比例 60% 30% 10%
2011-2012 学年度高三下学期一调考试答案 听力：1-20 CBACA CBCBB DCCDC DAABC (B) ABDB ACBBC BDBBD DABCD (C) BAC ABBAC (D) ACDD (E) AEGFD AACAB
单选：21-35 ADBBA 完形 36-55 阅读：(A) ACBAC BCDA
2.circumstances 3.electric 4. declared 5. charged 9. keeps his word
6. arranged for 7. come to power 8.his not being allowed 10. was he aware of 短文改错: 1. succeed---successful 2. heart 前的 your 去掉
3. On 后加 the 4. 去掉 more
6. attentions—attention 7. That—It 8. it—them 9. caring 后加 for 10. successes—success
书面表达: Is It the Only Way Out to Go Out to College? We had a discussion about whether it is the only way out for senior students to go to college. Views vary from person to person. The majority of the students consider it necessary to go to college. They think it can widen their knowledge and improve their qualities. Only in this way can they find better jobs after graduation. Very few students think it no use going to college, because the tuition is too high for their family to afford. What’s more, it is rather hard for college graduates to seek satisfactory jobs. Thirty percent of the students, however, believe “All roads lead to Rome.” Therefore it doesn’t make any difference whether they go to college or not. In my opinion, we should receive a better education at college so that we can serve our motherland.