考生须知： 1. 本卷满分 120 分，考试时间 100 分钟； 2. 答题前，在答题卷密封区内填写班级、学号和姓名；座位号写在指定位置； 3. 所有答案必须写在答题卷上，写在试卷上无效； 4. 考试结束后，只需要上交答题卷。
第一部分: 单项选择（共 20 小题，每小题 0.5 分,
满分 10 分） 1. Help others whenever you can _______ you will make the world a nicer place to live in. A. and B. or C. unless D. but
2. Someone called me up in the middle of the night, but he hung up ______ I could answer the phone. A. as B. since C. until D. before
3. I used to quarrel a lot with my parents, but now we ________ fine. A. look out B. stay up C. carry on D. get along
4. Keep ourselves and our hearts open ______ we can experience the great joy that friendship can bring. A. so that B. even if C. as if D. ever since
5. If better use is ________ of your spare time, you’ll make great progress in it. A. spent B. made C. played D. thought
6. Don’t respond to any e-mail ________ personal information, no matter how official they look. A. searching B. asking C. requesting D. questioning
7. I haven’t seen Sara since she was a girl, and she has changed beyond _________. A. hearing B. strength C. recognition D. measure
8. Do you think shopping online will ________ take the place of shopping in stores? A. especially B. frequently C. merely D. finally
9. The farm grows various kinds of crops. __________ wheat, corn, cotton and rice. A. for example B. as C. such as D. that is
10. In the good care of the nurses, the boy is _______ recovering from his heart operation.
11. --- According to my grandma, it is a good idea to eat chicken soup when you have a cold. --- _____________, scientists agree with her. A. Sooner or later B. More or less C. To be exact D. Believe it or not
12. We always keep ________ spare paper, in case we ran out. A. too much B. a number of C. plenty of D. a good many
13. The great ________ science and technology play in our daily life is seen everywhere. A. advantage B. influence C. importance D. role
14. The number of people invited _______ fifty, but a number of them ______ absent for different reasons. A. were; was B. was; was C. was; were D. were; were
15. Thousands of people were killed and many more people became homeless ______ the big earthquake. A. because B. because of C. as D. since
16. My first ________ of him was that he was a kind and thoughtful young man. A. expression B. attention C. satisfaction D. impression
17. Nobody knows the man killed in the accident, so it is difficult for the police to find out his _________. A. accent B. expression C. concern D. identity
18. China Daily is __________ a newspaper. It also helps improve our English. A. more than B. less than C. rather than D. other than
19. The teacher commanded that the naughty boy __________ the classroom immediately. A. left B. had left C. Although D. Unless
20. --- I think Alice needs to find herself a new job. ---_______________. This is what we are talking about. A. Really? B. No way. C. Actually. D. Pardon?
第二部分：完形填空 （共 20 小题; 每小题 1 分, 满分 20 分） 阅读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后从各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出最 佳选项，并在答题卡上将该选项标号涂黑。 As the daughter of a Hindu (印度的) family, there are many church rules that I have to bear in
mind. But, even while keeping such strictness in mind, I want to be able to live a life of others. When I was sixteen, my 22 and I were going to watch a movie. We sat 24
bus but it was very late. While we were waiting, another bus seventy 25
and an old lady of about
. She had bags full of her possessions in one hand and a walking stick in the other. 26 that she seemed to be looking for something. I went over and 27
After a few minutes I
asked, “What’s the matter, grandmother?” She told me she was searching for the big temple she had heard they would take her in and care for her for the rest of her life. I was 28
, to say the least. I asked her, “Don’t you have your sons and daughters to take 29 in the world to look after me,” she replied. 30
care of you?” “I have
I knew I just had to ask my friends to wait for me and I walked with grandmother to the temple. I asked her about her family. She told she used to have a 31
family. She had two
daughters and two sons but as she grew older they started to pass her from one to the other and to 32 her as an unwelcome burden. wanted to hear. My heart people realize that 34 35 hearing grandmother’s story. How can such things happen? Why don’t too will grow older? 36 grandmother at the safe place. I waved her bye-bye and I 33 they told her to leave. She begged to stay, but no one
Arriving at the temple I went back to my friends. The first thing I did 37
I arrived home was to hug my mom and dad and 39
38 myself, by the
“I will always be with you, to love and care for you.” A life of kindness can be most unexpected things. Thank you, grandmother, for making a real 21. A. happiness 22. A. students 23. A. waiting for 24. A. came down 25. A. got up 26. A. remembered 27. A. because B. kindness B. teachers B. looking at B. came for B. got on B. knew B. so C. hardship C. friends C. running after C. came by C. got through C. noticed C. until 40
in my life.
D. fear D. parents D. shouting at D. came off D. got off D. heard D. thus
28. A. frightened 29. A. someone 30. A. all the way 31. A. cold 32. A. think 33. A. Gladly 34. A. smiled 35. A. they 36. A. left 37. A. what 38. A. ask 39. A. inspired 40. A. contribution
B. interested B. many B. in the way B. happy B. leave B. Unfortunately B. removed B. we B. turned B. before B. scold B. damaged B. difference
C. amused C. no one C. on the way C. sad C. consider C. Surprisingly C. cried C. you C. made C. when C. help C. ruined C. decision
D. surprised D. a few D. by the way D. small D. accept D. Finally D. flew D. he D. got D. where D. promise D. designed D. achievement
第三部分: 阅读理解（共 25 小题，每小题 2 分, 满分 50 分） 阅读下列短文,从每题所给的 A、B、C、D 四个选项中,选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该 项涂黑。 A The Pacific island nation of Nauru used to be a beautiful place. Now it is an ecological disaster area. Nauru’s heartbreaking story could have one good result— other countries might learn from its mistakes. For thousands of years, Polynesian people lived on the distant island of Nauru, far from western civilization (文明). The first European to arrive was John Fearn in 1798. He was the British captain of the Hunter, a whaling ship. He called the island Pleasant Island. However, because it was very distant, Nauru had little communication with Europeans at first. The whaling ships and other traders began to visit, bringing guns and alcohol. These things destroyed the social balance of the twelve family groups on the island. A ten-year civil war started, which reduced the population from 1,400 to 900. Nauru’s real troubles began in 1899 when a British mining company discovered phosphate (磷 酸盐) on the island. In fact, it found that the island of Nauru was nearly all phosphate, which is a
very important fertilizer (肥料) for farming. The company began mining the phosphate. A phosphate mine is not a hole in the ground; it is a strip (带状的) mine. When a company strip-mines, it removes the top layer of soil. Then it takes away the material it wants. Strip mining totally destroys the land. Gradually, the lovely island of Nauru started to look like the moon. In 1968, Nauru became one of the richest countries in the world. Every year the government received millions and millions of dollars for its phosphate. Unfortunately, the leaders used the money unwisely and lost millions of dollars. In addition, they used millions more dollars for personal expenses. Soon people realized that they had a terrible problem — their phosphate was running out. Ninety percent of their island was destroyed and they had nothing. By 2000, Nauru was financially ruined. Experts say that it would take approximately $433,600,000 and more than 20 years to repair the island. This will probably never happen. 41. What might be the author’s purpose in writing the text? A. To find help for Nauru’s problems. C. To show the importance of money. B. To give a warning to other countries. D. To tell a heartbreaking story of a war.
42. What might Nauru be like before the Europeans came? A. Rich B. Modern C. Peaceful D. Developed
43. The ecological disaster in Nauru resulted from _______. A. soil pollution C. farming activity B. phosphate over mining D. whale hunting
44. Which of the following was a cause of Nauru’s financial problem? ________. A. Its leaders misused the money B. It spent too much repairing the island
C. Its phosphate mining cost much money D. It lost millions of dollars in the civil war 45. What can we learn about Nauru from the last paragraph? A. The phosphate mines were destroyed. C. The island was given up by the Nauruans. B. The ecological damage is difficult to repair. D. The leaders will think over the experts’ words. B Enjoy a museum visit with your class! Available（可获得的） Programs: Art Tells a Story: By looking at the subject matter and by drawing from personal experiences, students can find the story in some works of art. ( All grades)
Learning to Look: An interactive （互动的）tour that explores a variety of （各种各样的）art using storytelling, movements, music, games, and other techniques helps introduce children to a museum. (Preschool~ Grade 3) Native American Collection: This program explores relationships that exist between art, culture, the geographic location and natural resources. Students will see a bowl made by Maria Martinez, a Towa storyteller, a Northwest coast mask, and Inuit clothing. ( For Grades 2~5) The Language of Art: Classes are welcomed into the museum to take part in an interactive tour of American Art. It gives participants a new set of vocabulary while helping them feel comfortable. Art-on-the-Move: Teachers may borrow suitcases filled with art objects. Free organizations with Education Membership. Planning Your Visit: Booking: Booking is necessary for all tours and programs. Please book at least a week in advance. Teachers are encouraged to organize self-guided visits for their classes during public hours. Tour Hours: Tours can be organized between 9:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. on weekdays. Program Fees: Tours are free for those with Education Membership. There is a charge of $6 per student of non-member organizations. Tour with art activities cost $12 per student (non-members) or $10 per student (members). Chaperones （保护人） :We require one adult chaperone for every 10 children. Chaperones help to make your museum visit a success. A chaperone must pay $5 admission. Lunch: We regret that no lunch facilities are available at the museum. Museum Rules: Don’t touch works of art. Don’t take photographs. Ask questions. Look, and then LOOK again! Enjoy! 46. If teachers want their students to learn about what a museum is, they will choose____________. A. Art Tells a Story. C. The Language of Art. 47. Why does the museum feel sorry? A. Taking photos is not allowed at the museum. B. Visitors can’t touch works of art at the museum. C. Visitors are not able to have lunch at the museum. B. Learning to Look. D. Native American Collection.
D. Visitors can’t take part in all the activities at a time. 48. How much should the museum charge a class of 60 students with Education Membership for a tour with art activities? A. $600. B. $630. C. $720. D. $750.
49. What do teachers need to do before leading their classes to the museum? A. To make bookings ahead of time. B. To try to get Education Membership.
C. To learn about the history of the museum. D. To ask for the permission of self-guided visits. 50. In which section of the newspaper does the passage most probably appear? A. Health. B. News. C Four years ago my sweet mom went to be with her Lord. She did it her way. I got the call at work, and I headed home quickly. Mom and Dad lived on a small farm that they had owned since I was seven. I hated going there every weekend. There was nothing for a young girl to do but watch the one station on the old TV set, if the weather allowed reception. My mom, on the other hand, loved the peace and quiet of the land and loved to work in the garden among her flowers and vegetables. The place was simple, with no indoor plumbing or heat. We had a big wood stove in the kitchen that did its best to heat the little farmhouse, but it always seemed cold and too quiet to me. In the evenings, my mom and I would sit for hours singing in the little kitchen. I sang the melody and Mom harmonized. Her favorite song was “Moon River” and we sang it over and over. Mom told me stories about how when I was a little girl, I could sing before I could talk. She loved to tell how my playpen（婴儿圈栏）sat in the kitchen next to the radio and there was one song I particularly loved called “Ivory Tower”. As time passed, I had my own children and went to visit the farm every week or two. The kids loved the farm and the tractor rides with my dad. Me, well, I still hated the silence of the farm. While my mom loved to sit at her kitchen table and look out at her garden and flowers and retell all the old stories, I missed the hustle and bustle（喧闹）of my life at home. But I sat there listening quietly as she reminisced. Now, I sat back in the silence and the silence was deafening so I finally leaned over to turn on an old radio. Music always comforted me. C. Culture. D. Advertisement.
My heart skipped a beat. “Moon River” was playing on the radio. I sat there quiet, with a tear running down my cheek, as I listened to every familiar note. Then the radio announcer of this oldie station came on. “Here’s one we haven’t heard in a while,” and an unfamiliar song began. I began to cry harder as I heard the words sung over the airwaves. “Come down, come down from your Ivory Tower...”. 51. The writer didn’t like staying on the farm for the following reasons EXCEPT that ________. A. it was too cold and quiet B. she could only sing one song on the small farm C. there was nothing more that could make her excited D. The place was simple, with no indoor plumbing or heat 52. From the first paragraph, we know that the writer’s mother ________. A. passed away four years ago C. left for Lord to live her own way B. left the small farm with Lord D. preferred to be with Lord
53. The underlined word reminisced in the fifth paragraph probably means ________. A. recalled B. comforted C. shouted D. sighed
54. Which of the following statements is TRUE according to the passage? A. The writer was fond of singing the song “Moon River”. B. The writer preferred to live a quiet life in the city. C. The writer was still quite familiar with the song “Ivory Tower”. D. The writer hated all her childhood memories in the small farmhouse. 55. Which of the following would be the best title for this passage? A. Valuable life C. Our small farmhouse B. My happy childhood D. Mom’s music D A recent study, published in last week’s Journal of the American Medical Association, offers a picture of how dangerous it is to get a lift from a teenage driver. Indeed, a 16-year-old driver with three or more passengers is three times as likely to have a deadly accident as a teenager driving alone. However, the risk of death for drivers between 30 and 59 decreases with each additional passenger. The authors also found that the death rates (比率) for teenage drivers increased after 10 p.m., and especially after midnight. With passengers in the car, the driver was even more likely to die in a
late-night accident. Robert Foss, a scientist at the University of North Carolina Highway Safety Research Center, says the higher death rates for teenage drivers have less to do with “really stupid behavior” than with just a lack of driving experience. “The basic problem”, he says, “is that adults (成人) who are responsible for issuing licenses (签发执照) fail to recognize how difficult and skilled task the driving is.” Both he and the author of the study believe that the way to make the problem less serious is to build a graduated licensing systems, in which one needs to go several processes to get a full license. A graduated license requires that a teenager first prove himself able to drive in the presence of an adult, followed by a period of driving with passenger restrictions (限制), before graduating to full driving license. Graduated licensing systems have reduced teenage driver crashes, says a recent study. About half of the states now have some sort of graduated licensing system in place, but only 10 of those states have restrictions on passengers. California is the strictest, with a beginner driver forbidding carrying any passenger under 20 for the first six months. 56. Which of the following situations is most dangerous according to the passage? A. Adults giving a lift to teenagers on the highway after 10 p.m. B. A teenager driving after midnight with passengers in the car. C. Adults driving with three or more teenage passengers late at night. D. A teenager getting a lift from a stranger on the highway at midnight. 57. In Robert Foss’ opinion, the high death rate of teenage drivers is mainly due to _________. A. their lack of driving experience C. their improper way of driving B. their stupid driving at night D. their driving with passengers
58. Which of the following statements is TRUE according to Paragraph 3? A. Teenagers are stupid in learning to drive. B. Driving is a skill too difficult for teenagers to learn. C. Teenagers should be forbidden to take driving lessons. D. The licensing departments are partly responsible for teenagers’ driving accidents. 59. A suggested measure to reduce teenagers’ driving accidents is that _________. A. driving in the presence of an adult should be made a rule
B. they should be stopped from taking on passengers C. the licensing system should be greatly improved D. they should not be allowed to drive after 10 p.m. 60. The present situation in about half of the states is that the graduated licensing system _______. A. is under discussion C. is about to be set up B. has come into use D. has been perfected
第二节 谚语在英语口语中相当普遍，阅读下列各条谚语，选出符合各小题要求的最佳选项。 选项中有一项是多余的。 __________ 61. Mr. and Mrs. Smith had a quarrel. Their friend Mr. Brown went to talk to them. When he came back, he told his wife that he had been trying to help the Smiths. __________ 62. Mr. Wang paid for a new school. Some people did not like the design of the school but they agreed with Mr. Wang. __________ 63. Mr. Brown had quite a good job in Hong Kong. But he thought a job in Singapore would be better. His wife didn’t want him to leave his job in Hong Kong. She reminded him to give up this idea. __________ 64. Jenny formed the habit of getting up late during summer holiday. She was scolded for being late on her first day of new term. She then promised that sort of thing would never happen again. __________ 65. The 7-year-old Marie got a nice CD player as her birthday gift. And she was unwilling to let others use it at any time even though it was not used at all by herself. A. To pour oil on troubled waters “To pour oil on troubled waters” means trying to calm things down. Oil is lighter than water. If a ship is in trouble at sea, another ship may come to help it. The second ship can send small boats to rescue people. However, it may first pour oil on the sea to make the sea less rough. B. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush If I’m a hunter, trying to catch birds, it’s better to catch one bird than to see two birds in a bush but not be able to catch them. Thus this means that what you have already got is better than the chance of being able to get something bigger in the future.
C. He who pays the pipe calls the tune A pipe is a musician. The man who employs or pays a musician can say what tunes the man will play. Thus this means that if a man provides the money for a plan, he can say how it will be carried out. D. Once bitten, twice shy If a dog bites me, I shall be twice as careful in future when I see it. This proverb is applied to many things and not only to dogs. If you have been cheated at a shop, you will not go to the same shop again. E. You can’t get blood out of a stone “You can’t get blood out of a stone” means that you can’t get something from a person who has not got any of the things you want. For example, you can’t except a million dollars from a poor man. F. Don’t be a dog in a manger This means “don’t be selfish”. In a stable, the manger is the place where the horse’s food is put. Sometimes a dog will sleep in the manger and bark when a horse comes to get its food. The dog doesn’t want to eat the hay in the manger and bark when a horse eat it. 第四部分: 选词填空（共 10 小题，每小题 1 分, 满分 10 分） （从方框中选择词组或者按照首字母填写单词） play an important part in be based on take command of regard … as make use of come up such … as because of
be concerned about believe it or not
66. But a series of problems _______________________ after the plan was carried out. 67. Her parents e______________ her to get high score for her college entrance exam. 68. ____________ reference books __________ dictionaries are available in our school library. 69. It is not easy for a Chinese person to speak English as f___________________ as an Englishman. 70. Three students were absent, i________________ Zhang San. 71. His plan ______________________ what he had learned from his teacher. 72. Elephants are near-sighted, so hunters _______________________ this advantage to get close
to them. 73. These books are harmful to young people, e_________________ children. 74. China is _______________________________ the international affairs. 75. I r__________________ him as soon as he came in the room. 第五部分: 句子翻译（共 5 小题，每小题 3 分, 满分 15 分） 76. 我不知道这是不是因为我长久无法出门的缘故， 我变得对一切与大自然有关的事务都不比 狂热。 _______________________________________________________________________________ 77. 漆黑的夜晚，风吹雨打，雷电交加，我全然被这种力量镇住了; 这是我一年半以来第一次 目睹夜晚。 ______________________________________________________________________________ 78. 当时的英语更多地是以德语为基础的，而现代英语不是。 ______________________________________________________________________________ 79. 信不信由你， （世界上）没有什么标准英语。 _______________________________________________________________________________ 80. 这是因为在早期的电台节目里，人们期望新闻播音员所说的英语是最好的英语。
第六部分: 书面表达（满分 15 分） 请根据以下提示，并结合你自己的做法，用英文向同学们介绍如何提高英语听力水平。 1．多听英语，并跟读模仿； 2．多阅读英语文章，扩大自己的知识面和词汇量； 3．其他做法。 注意：1．100 词左右；2．开头与结尾已经给出。 参考词汇：模仿 imitate; 扩大知识面 broaden one’s horizons Hello, everyone! Now I would like to share with you my opinions on how to improve our listening in English. ________________________________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________________________________
___________________________ That’s all. Thank you.
答案：ADDAB 完型： BCACD 阅读： BCBAB II. 1. Came up 5. Including
CCDCD CADCA BCBAD
DCDCB BCDCA BAAAD
DDACC ACDAB BADCB 3. Such … as ACBDF 4. Fluently 8. Especially
2. Expect 6. is based on
7. Make use of 10. recognized
9. Playing an important part in
1. I wonder if it’s because I haven’t been able to be outdoors for so long that I’ve grown so crazy about everything to do with nature. 2. the dark, rainy evening, the wind, the thundering clouds held me entirely in their power; it was the first time in a year and a half that I’d seen the night face to face … 3. it was based more on German than the English we speak at present. 4. believe it or not, there is no such thing as standard English. 5. this is because in the early days of radio, those who reported the news were expected to speak excellent English.
写作（满分 15 分） A possible version: Hello, everyone! Now I would like to share with you my opinions on how to improve our listening in English. I think there is a lot we can do to improve our listening ability. Firstly, we need to do more practice. As the saying goes, practice makes perfect. The more we listen to English, the better we’ll be able to understand it. And it’s a good idea to try to imitate the speakers after listening. Secondly, a large vocabulary is fundamental to the improvement of our listening. Thus, we should read more English articles to enlarge our vocabulary and broaden our horizons. Thirdly, interest plays an important role in language learning. So we can listen to English songs or watch English movies to practise listening, which will be of great benefit. Last but not least, learn to take some notes quickly while listening to long texts. That’s all. Thank you.