高考英语语法之定语从句练习题 1. This is the train ____ we went to Shanghai. A. by which B. by that C. whose D. where 2. —Have you ever been to Rome? —No, but that's the city________. A. where I most li
ke to visit C. which I like to visit most 3. Is this the museum A. that A. which A. that A. who work out. A. that A. that them. A. who A. which price C. its price 11. That's the hotel A. which we stayed C. Where we stayed at 12. The doctor did all A. what he could C. everything which he could 13. Anyone A .that againsts 14. The place A. which A. as A. as 17. A. As 18. Mr Zhou, foreign languages. B. that against B. where B. like B. that B. which last year. B. at that we stayed D. where we stayed to save the wounded boy. B. he could D. for which he could do C. who is against C. that you made last time. D. that I thought. D.／ D.／ C. which C. which C. That D. who are against D. when this opinion may speak out. you are standing used to be an old church. B. that C. which D. whom B. the price of which D. the price of whose 10.Recently I bought an ancient Chinese vase, ______ was very reasonable. B. if B. which C. in order that C. when D. as D. what was very kind of 8. This is the last time I shall come here to help you. B. where B. that B. which B. that 4. This is the very film 5. There is no difficulty 6. Who is the person B. I'd most like to visit D. where I'd like most to visit you visited the other day? C. in which C. who C. who C. which D. the one D. whom D. what D. whom I've long wished to see. can't be overcome in the world. is standing at the gate of Beijing Tourism Tower?
7. As a teacher, I seldom give my students so difficult a problem ______they can not
9. My neighbors used to give me a hand in time of trouble,
15. You've made the same mistake 16. It is not such an interesting magazine
you know, he is a famous musician. native language was Chinese, could read and write several
A. whose A. where A. which 21. The bus, A. which of most
B. his B. which B. on which
C. which C. that
D. that we had some photos taken. D.／ D.／
19. I took my friend to the Summer Palace, 20. Do you remember the day
your sister was graduated as a Master of Arts? C. about which B. most of which D. most of that we studied together at school. C. when C. for D.／ he didn't come? D. why got the new idea. C. who has C. which does D. whose had D. who did
was already full, was surrounded by an angry crowd.
C. which of the most 22. We all remember the days A. which A. that A. who have A. who does B. that B. which 23. Do you know the reason 24. He is the only one of the three
B. whom have B. who do
25. I'm one of the students 26．- Have you read the books?
well in English in my class.
- Yes, I’ve read all the books _____ you gave me. A. which A. that A. that B. what B. which C. that C. where D. who D. there D. which 27. This is the very place ___ the anti-Japanese soldiers fought over sixty years ago. 28. He has four dogs, the biggest _____ is called “Beibei”. B. about which C. of which 29. The old lady had one son and two daughters, _____ treated her well, ____ made her very sad. A. all of them; which C. both of whom; which B. none of whom; which D. neither of whom; that
30. The hard-working farmers and their happy life_____ we saw in the countryside made a wonderful impression on us. A. whom Beijing. A. who A. where B. which B. which C. when D. that D. at which 32. We visited the factory _____ makes toys for children. C. in which 33. They said that the host had enough glasses for each guest, _____ were handed down from his grandfather. A. who B. that C. which D. whose B. where he need D. where is he mostly needed. C. whom D. at whom 34. After graduation he asked to be sent to the place ______ A. where he is most needed C. where he is mostly needed A. to whom B. to whose B. who C. which D. / 31. The young fellow standing under the tree, ____ is good at English, is from
35. The doctor ______ she sent her friend is very famous. 36. Lily would never forget the evening ______ she lost the ring.
A. which the school. A. which the experiment . A. where; that A. the way A. which progress. A. It A. where A. the larger
C. at which
37. They talked for about an hour of things and persons ______ they remembered in B. that C. who D. whom
38. It was in the lab ______ was taken charge of by Professor Zhang _____they did B. which; where B. the way in that B. from where C. that; where C. the way which C. from which D. which; that D. the way of which D. where
39. I don’t like ___ you speak to her. 40. He was hiding behind the door ______ he could see what was happening. 41. ______ is reported in the newspapers, talks between the two countries are making B. As B. which C. That C. when B. the larger of them D. the larger of which C．for whom to turn D．for her to turn D. What D. that
42. There were dirty marks on her trousers ______ she had wiped her hands. 43. There are two buildings, _____ stands nearly a hundred feet high . C. the larger one that
44.—Why does she always ask you for help? —There is no one else _____ , is there? A．who to turn to B．she can turn to 45. Great changes have taken place in that school. It is no longer _______ it was 20 years ago, _______ it was so poorly equipped. A．what; when B．that; which C．what; which D．which; that 46. —Is that the small town you often refer to? —Right, just the one _____ you know I used to work for years. A. that B. which C. where D. what 47. Many people who had seen the film were afraid to go to the forest when they remembered the scenes ______ people were eaten by the tiger. A. in which A. who hands A. that B. in which C. by which D. how 50. The place ____ the bridge is supposed to be built should be ____ the cross-river traffic is the heaviest. A. which; where B. at which; which C. at which; where D. which; in which 51. The schools themselves admit that not all children will be successful in the jobs _____ they are being trained. A．in that trees. A．which B．when C．where D．that B．for that C．in which D．for which 52. I walked in our garden, _____ Tom and Jim were tying a big sign onto one of the B. by which B. that C. which C. what D. that D. which 48. Her sister has become a lawyer, _________ she wanted to be. 49. Frank’s dream was to have his own shop ____ to produce the workings of his own
53. I have many friends , ________ some are businessmen . A．of them A. from which are still suffering. A. that A．which meeting. A．When B．After C．As D．Since 58. Mark was a student at this university from 1999 to 2003, _______ , he studied very hard and was made Chairman of the Students' Union. A. during which time C. during whose time time in the shop. A. that A. where B. which B. when C. when C. that D. where D. what 60. Do you still remember the chicken farm _________we visited three months ago? 61. The United States is made up of fifty states, one of ______ is separated from the others by the Pacific Ocean. A. them success. A. for which progress. A. It B. As C. That D. What 64. The journey around the world took the old sailor nine months, _____ the sailing time was 226 days. A. of which A. how A. where B. during which B. which B. which C. from which D. that D. that D. for which 65. I work in a business _____ almost everyone is waiting for a great chance. C. where C. when 66. There were dirty marks on her trousers ______ she had wiped her hands. 67. Helen was much kinder to her youngest son than to the others , _______ , of course , made the others envy him. A. who A. Which Rachel’s place. B. that B. When C. what D. which C. What D. As 68._______is often the case, we have worked out the production plan. 69.Anyway, that evening , _____ I’ll tell you more about later, I ended up staying at B. at which C. in which D. on which 63. ___ is reported in the newspapers, talks between the two countries are making B. those C. which D. whose 62. The English play ______ my students acted at the New Year's party was a great B. for which time D. by that time B. whose B．that C. those C．this D. what D．it 56. Jim passed the driving test, _________ surprised everybody in the office. 57. ______ I explained on the phone, your request will be considered at the next B．from which B. after that C．who of D．of whom D. from this 54. He was educated at a local grammar school, _________ he went on to Cambridge. C. after which 55.Last month, part of Southeast Asia was struck by floods, from _____ effects people
59.If a shop has chairs_______ women can park their men, women will spend more
70. A story goes ______ Elizabeth I of England liked nothing more that being surrounded by clever and qualified noblemen at court. A. when B. where C. what D. that 71. The factory produces half a million pairs of shoes every year, 80% __________ are sold abroad. A．of which A．a; that A．the larger C．the larger one that A．the way frequently. A. who B. as C. about which D. with whom 76. George Orwell, _______ was Eric Arthur, wrote many political novels and essays. A. the real name C. his real name A. that I visited B. what his real name D. whose real name B. which I visited C. where I visited D. in which I visited B．which of B．a; when C．of them C．the; that D．of that D．the; when 72. There was ______ time _______ I hated to go to school. 73. There are two buildings, ______ stands nearly a hundred feet high . B．the larger of them D．the larger of which C．in the way D．the way which
74. What surprised me was not what he said but ______ he said it . B．in the way that 75. American women usually identify their best friend as someone_____they can talk
77. York, ______ last year, is a nice old city. 78. I can think of many cases _________ students obviously knew a lot of English words and expressions but couldn't write a good essay. A. why A. which A. That B. which B. that B. As C. It C. as D. where D. when 79. We are living in an age ________ many things are done on computer. C. whose D. What 80.______ has been announced, we shall have our final exams next month. 81. ____made the school proud was_______ more than 90% of the students had been admitted to key universities. A. What; because B. What; that C. That; what D. That ;because 82. We will be shown around the city: schools ,museums ,and some other places,______ other visitors seldom go. A. what B. which C. where D. when 83. Alec asked the policeman __________ he worked to contact him whenever there was an accident. A. with him A. that well. A. what B. that C. which D. why 86. The famous basketball star, _________ tried to make a comeback, attracted a lot B. who B. which C. with whom C. of which D. whom D. what 84. There's a feeling in me _______ we'll never know what a UFO is—not ever. 85. Perseverance is a kind of quality—and that's __________ it takes to do anything
of attention. A. where Shanghai. A. when A. he explained C. how he explained over the plane. A. where A. he A. its A．who A. whose B. which B. this B. it's B．which B. which C. while C. which D. why D. who C. whose C．this C. of which D. which D．what D. what 90. John said he’d been working in the office for an hour, ________was true. 91. Have you seen the film “Titanic”, _______ leading actor is world famous? 92. Dorothy was always speaking highly of her role in the play, _________, of course, made the others unhappy. 93. Look out! Don’t get too close to the house_____ _roof is under repair. 94. We saw several natives advancing A. to which B. to whom towards our party, and one of them came up D. with which B. whenever C. where D. wherever 88. Is this the reason ________at the meeting for his carelessness in his work? B. what he explained D. why he explained B. when C. which D. who 87. The famous scientist grew up __________ he was born and in 1930 he came to
89. He's got himself into a dangerous situation _______ he is likely to lose control
to us._____ we gave some bells and glasses. C. with whom 95. The owner of the cinema needed to make a lot of improvements and employ more people to keep it running, ______ meant spending tens of thousands of pounds. A. who B. that C. as D. which 96.—Do you have anything to say for yourselves? —Yes，tbere 's one point_________we must insist on． A．why B．where C．how D．/ 97. saw a woman running toward me in the dark. Before I could recognize who she was，she had run back in the direction ________ she had come. A. of which others. A. which B. that C. when D. why 99. Women _____drink more than two cups of coffee a day have a greater chance of having heart disease than those ____don’t. A. who; 不填 B. 不填 ; who A. so B .and C. that C. who ; who D. 不填; 不填 D. as 100. His plan was such a good one_____ we all agreed to accept it. B. by which C. in which D. from which 98. Doris' success lies in the fact ___ she is co-operative and eager to learn from
答案 1-5 ABABA 6-10 BDACB 21-25 BCDCB 36-40 BBDAB 51-55 DCDCB 66-70 ADDDD 81-85 BCCAA 96-100 DDBCC 11-15 DBCBD 26-30 CCCBD 41-45 BADBA 56-60 ACADC 71-75 ABDAD 86-90 DCAAC 16-20 AAAAB 31-35 ABCAA 46-50 CADBC 61-65 CCBAC 76-80 DBDDB 91-95 CBABD