定语从句练习题 一． 用适当的关系代词填空 ① The new teacher ____will teach us English this term comes from Canada. ② I’ll never forget the days____ I spent with you in the beautiful countryside. ③ Where is the m
an___ car was trapped in the mud? ④ He said Beijing was the first city__ he had visited in China. ⑤ He asked about the factories and workers ___we had just visited. ⑥ They will hire a man___ they say is a good programmer. ⑦ Is this the book ____ he is looking for. ⑧ He is the man _____ you can safely depend on. ⑨ I have read all the books ____ you lent me. ⑩ Who is the man ____is cleaning the playground?
二．把下列句子合并为含定语从句的复合句 11.China is a developing country. It has a long history.
12.The girl is from America. Her hair is brown.
13.She wants to visit the village again. She grew up in it.
14.The reason is not reasonable. He gave it at the meeting.
15.The woman is the missing boy’s mother. They’re looking for the woman.
单项选择 1. Look out! Don’t get too close to the house__ window is broken. A. whose B. which C. of which D. that
2. Tom is good at maths, so I think he is the student__ can help you to work out this problem. A. whom B. who C. which D. what
3. Maybe she is the girl ___ I met in the street yesterday. A.whom B. which C. as D. what
4. I am not sure whether this is the book ___my brother read the day before yesterday. A. whose B. as C. what D. which
5. This the very plan for the summer holiday __ was suggested by his brother. A. which B. that C. when D.it
6. Tom is no longer the person ___ he used to be. A. who B. that C. whom D. what
7. The moment ___ I will never forget is when my English teacher gave
me some advice on how to improve my writing. A. that B. whether C. what D. how
8. Women___ drink more than two cups of coffee a day have a greater chance of having heart disease than those___ don’t. A. Who; / B. /; who C. who; who D. /; /
9.The most important thing___ we should pay special attention to is the first ___ I have said. A. Which; that B. that; which C. which; which D. that; that
10.Which is the room ____ he stayed in last week. A. that B. which C. where D. when
11. Mo Yan was awarded the Nobel Prize for literature in 2012, ___ made one of the Chinese people’s long-held dreams come true A. it B. that C. what D. which
12.we have launched another man-made satellite, ____ is announced in today’s newspaper. A. that B. which C. who D. what
13. John invited about 40 people to his wedding, most of ___ are family members. A. them B. that C. which D. whom
14. The children, _____ had played the whole day long, were worn out. A. all of what B. all of which C. all of them D. all of whom
15. The book tells stories of the earthquake through the eyes of those ___ lives were affected. A. whose B. that C. who D. which
16. Happiness and success often come to those ____ are good at recognizing their won strengths. A. whom B. who C. what D. which
17. The president of the World Bank says he has a passion for China, ___ he remembers starting as early as his childhood. A. where B. which C. what D. when
18. Finally he reached a lonely island ____ was completely cut off from the outside world. A. when B. where C. which D. whom
19. After the flooding, people were suffering in that area, _____ urgently needed clean water, medicine and shelter to survive. A. which B. who C. where D. what
20. I wish to thank Professor Smith, without _____ help I would never have got this far. A. who B. whose C. whom D. which
21. She showed the visitors around the museum, the construction _____ had taken more than three years. A. for which B. with which C. of which D. to which
22. You’ll find taxis waiting at the bus station _____ you can hire to reach
your host family. A. which B. where C. when D. as
23. Mary was much kinder to Jack than she was to the others, ____, of course, made all the others upset. A. who B. which C. what D. that
24. She has a gift for creating an atmosphere for her students _____ allows them to communicate freely with each other. A. which B. where C. what D. who
25. The settlement is home to nearly 1,000 people, many of ____ left their village homes for a better life in the city. A. whom B. which C. them D. those
26. I’ve become good friends with several of the students in my school ____ I met in the English speech contest last year. A. who B. where C. when D. which
27. Many children, _____ parents are away working in big cities, are taken good care of in the village. A. their B. whose C. of them D. with whom
28. That evening, ______ I will tell you more about later, I ended up working very late. A. that B. which C. what D. when
29. Children who are not active or _____ diet is high in fat will gain weight quickly.
30. In China, the number of cities is increasing ______ development is recognized across the world. A. where B. which C. whose D. that
参考答案 一.填空： 1.who/ that 2.that/ which 3.whose 4.that 5.that 6. who/ that 7. that/ which 8. whom/ who/ that 9.that 10. that 二. 合并句子 1.China is a developing country which/ that has a long history. 2.The girl whose hair is brown is from America. 3. She want to visit the village again in which she grew up./ which /that she grew up in. 4.The reason that/ which he gave at the meeting if not reasonable. 5.The woman who/ whom/ that they’re looking for is the missing boy’s mother. 三.单项选择 1-5 ABADB 21-25 CABAA 6-10 BACDA 26-30 ABBBC 11-15 DBDDA 16-20 BBCBB