《英语 I（2）（开放英语 2）综合练习题及参考答案 》 I. 交际用语：阅读下面的小对话，从 A、B、C 三个选项中选出一个能填入空白处的最佳选项。 1. --- Can you remember the doctor?s telephone number? --- _______C_________. A. Nice to meet you B. No, thank you
C. Yes. It?s 6825612 2.--- Is dinner ready, Carol? --- _______A_________. A. It?s nearly ready B. I?m hungry C. Fine, thank you. 3.--- What does he look like? --- ______C_____________. A. He just got married B. He is about 40 C. He is tall and thin 4.--I went to a fashion show last night.
--- ________C__________________? A. Who took away my book B. Why not C. What was it like 5.--- Could I have a bottle of water, please? --- ______B_______________. A. Thank you very much B. Certainly, madam C. See you later 6. --- How was the weather? --- _______B_______________. A. I?m fine, thank you B. It was really nice C. Thank you very much 7. --- What does he look like? -- _______C____________. A. He just got married B. He is about 40
C. He is tall and thin 8 ---Can I help you? --- ______A__________. A. Yes, please B. Nice to see you C. Not at all 9. --- Shall we see a movie tonight? --- _______B_______________. A. Thank you very much B. Good idea C. See you later 10. --- What would you like to drink, madam? --- ________A___________? A. Can I have a glass of white wine B. Can I help you C. How do you do 11. --- When did you first come to China? --- ________C________. A. Since 1996 B. For 10 years C. 10 years ago 12. --- Hello, Xiaoyan. How was the party? --- _______B_______________. A. I?m fine, thank you B. Hi, Jack. We had a great time C. It was Friday 13. --- _____A_________________? --- I?d rather stay at home. A. Shall we go to the cinema this evening B. How do you feel today C. What are you going to do this evening 14. --- ______C_____________? --- Yes, I am. A. What?s your name B. How old are you C. Are you married
15. --- Can I get you something to drink? --- ______C_____________. A. Nice to meet you. B. I?d like a roast chicken, please C. Yes, please. A coca-cola for me 16. --- How can I book a cheap hotel? --- _______B____________. A. You can get to London in an hour B. If I were you, I?d phone a travel agent C. You can stay there for four nights 17. --- Do you like your job? --- _______B________. A. I?m a nurse B. Yes. I find it very interesting C. They are very nice 18. --- What are you going to do this evening? --- ________A__________________. A. I?m going to meet some friends B. I?ve seen a film with some friends C. I went there with some friends 19. --- Shall we have something to eat before we go? --- _______C___________________. A. Nice to meet you B. I don?t think I know you C. Good idea II．选择填空 阅读下面的句子和对话，从 a, b, c 三个选项中选出一个能填入空白处的最佳选项。 1.__C____! That fire is dangerous. A. To stop B. Stopping C. Stop
2. Her article is _____C_________ in her class. A. better B. best C. the best
3. When I saw him, I __C____ him ______ some money. A. ask, for B. asked, with C. asked, for
4. She ___B_______ answer my phone call yesterday. A. doesn?t B. didn?t C. wasn?t
5. Table tennis is _B_____ popular sport in this country.
B. the most
C. the best
6. Mary would like to buy the handbag, _B_____ is very beautiful but also rather expensive. A. that B. which C. who
7. My brother ___B___ lives in America is visiting next week. A. which B. who C. whom
8. A: Could I see the manager now? B: I?m sorry you can?t. He has ___B________ to Hong Kong. A. been B. gone C. stayed
9.I have no idea where the cat went. She ___A___ gone anywhere. A. could have B. should have C. must have
10. Today is too busy. Let?s discuss it _C___ next week. A. sometimes B. some times C. some time
11. A: I?m sorry to have kept you waiting. B: Oh, not at all, I __A____ here only a few minutes. A. have been B. was C. will be
12. His grandfather is very healthy. He ____B_____ drinks _________ smokes. A. both, and B. neither, nor C. neither, or
13. As she ___B___ the newspaper, Granny ______ asleep. A. read… was falling B. was reading… fell C. read…fell 14. The book was rather expensive, but I bought it __B__. A. any way B. anyway C. even though
15. The buses, __B____ were full of people, couldn?t go very fast. A. that B. which C. there
16. I have no idea who stole his wallet. It ____A____ anyone. A. could have been B. should have been C. must have been
17. Mary said she __A____ all over the world. A. had been to B. has gone to C. went to
18. Sally is looking for a new job. She has been bored __C____ her job as a secretary. A. by B. from C. with
19. A: ____C__ my glasses? B: Yes, I saw them on your bed a minute ago. A. Do you see B. Would you see C. Have you seen
20. An application form will be sent to you __A___. A. on request B. on a request C. in request
21. I was watching TV __B____ the telephone rang. A. while B. when C. since
22. They named the island __A_____ its discoverer. A. after B. in C. to
23. Could you please tell us what kind of work _B______ you have got experience? A. at that B. in which C. which
24. You can remember what you do if you __B___. A. take a diary B. keep a diary C. make a diary
25. This morning I had my finger ___C___ when I was preparing breakfast. A. cutting B. to cut C. cut
26. A: Thank you for lending me your dictionary. B: You?re welcome. But could you ____A______ to me tomorrow? A. give it back B. give back it C. get back
27. He is really good man, _B_____? A. doesn?t he B. isn?t he C. won?t he
28. I?m going to buy Mary a birthday gift. Do you have ___C_____ in mind? A. special something B. special anything C. anything special
29. My father told me __B____ his trip to Xin Jiang. A. of B. about C. with
30. I?ve always enjoyed ___A_____. A. swimming B. to swim C. swim
31. We used to ___A___ bicycles to go to work. A. ride B. riding C. to ride
32. Don?t _B____ him. He is writing a letter now. A. disturb to B. disturb C. disturbing
33. A car hit her when she was walking __B____ the road. A. through B. across C. on
34. A: Have you typed the letter for me? B: _________A_________________. A. Yes, I have. B. Yes, I do. C. Yes, I?ve done.
35. We haven?t seen such a beautiful film ___B___. A. since four years B. for the past four years C. four years ago
36. My parents have __C_______ been to the Great Wall. A. as yet B. sometime C. never
37. Shirley ___C___ a book about China last year but I don?t know whether she has finished it. A. has written B. write C. was writing
38. Mary?s father is very pleased __A____ her. A. with B. at C. for
39. You?d better have your hair __B____ before going to your friend?s wedding. A. cutting B. cut C. to cut
40. He stopped ____A____ TV when the dinner was ready. A. watching B. to watch C. watch
41. Nice weather, _C_____? A. doesn?t it B. hasn?t it C. isn?t it
42. Mike offered to help and so ___C_____ John. A. does B. is C. did
43. Mary told Little Tom not __C____ all the money. A. spend B. spent C. to spend
44. A: Have you finished your homework? B: __________C________________. A. No, I didn?t. B. No, I haven?t finished. C. No, I haven?t.
45. He used to __B____ very hard when he was young. A. working B. work C. to work
46. He has __A_______ gone out. A. just B. now C. soon
47. We enjoy ___C___ very much, because it is good to our health. A. swim
B. to swim
48. March the 8 is __B______ Day. A. Woman?s B. Women?s C. Womens?
49. A concert will be held in the school hall ___C___ 4 pm ______ Tuesday. A. on… at B. in…in C. at…on
50. If I _____A_________ you, I would buy a house at the seaside. A. were B. was C. am
51. A: Where does Mark get his hair cut? B: He cuts it __B____. A. alone B. himself C. itself
52. A: Would you like to go to the cinema with me? B: I?d ____C_______ stay at home. A. like B. prefer C. rather
53. ___C__ it rains tomorrow, we?ll go to the cinema. A. However B. Since C. If
54. It?s quite fine today. Would you like to ____A_____ basketball with me?
55. Tianjin is a two-hour journey __B____ Beijing. A. in B. from C. away
56. John didn?t turn up ___C_________ the meeting finished. A. by B. in C. until
57. We?re going to ___A__ to France or Spain next year. A. either B. neither C. both
58. ______C________ the rain, they went to work as usual. A. Although B. While C. In spite of
59. I didn?t go __C____ in the summer. A. somewhere B. everywhere C. anywhere
60. With his help, you will have ____A___________ to worry about. A. nothing B. something C. anything
61. A: __B____ did you have for breakfast? B: Coffee and toast. A. How B. What C. When
62. Paul _A_____ to learn French when he was 11. A. began B. begins C. begin
63. John enjoys ___A___________ while his brother prefers to go skiing. A. jogging B. to jog C. jog
64. A: Would you like to go to the cinema with me? B: I?d _____C______ stay at home. A. like B. prefer C. rather
65. There wasn?t __C____ in the house when she got home. A. any B. somebody C. anybody
66. A: Which picture do you like? B: I think the big ____A________ is better. A. one B. ones C. picture
67. I?m tired. I haven?t got ___A___ energy （精力）to go to the gym today. A. enough B. many C. little
68. She told the children ___B___ make a noise. A. don?t B. not to C. to not
69. __B____ of her brothers came to the wedding. They don?t like her new husband. A. Either B. Neither C. All
70. John didn?t turn up ___C_________ the meeting had finished. A. by B. in C. until
71. My plant died. I __A____ watered （浇水）it. A. should have B. must have C. could have
72. The gifts he brought from Britain _____B________ last week. A. sent out（送出） B. were sent out C. have sent out
73. Sorry, I?m not free this evening. __A____ dinner with Mike. A. I will have B. I?m having C. I have
74. I saw him ____C_______ in his office when everyone was looking for him. A. reads a book B. to read a book C. reading a book
75. He said that he _____A________ try his best to help me. A. would B. does C. will
76. We?re going __C____ holiday in the autumn this year. A. up B. to C. on
77. He said he ____A__ got enough money. A. hadn?t B. hasn?t C. didn?t
78. He used to shout __B____ me when I was a child. A. on B. at C. after
79. He asked the waiter ____A__________ a glass of water. A. for B. to C. with
80. A: What a nice day! B: Yes. Let?s go camping, _____C_____? A. don?t we B. won?t we C. shall we
III. 短文理解。阅读下列短文，从 a, b, c 三个选项种选择一个正确答案。 短文理解 1 A Hi, Tim, Well, I am back her and ---how do you say it---nose to the grindstone again. Actually it is good to be back although I do miss London already. Shanghai has changed a little---there are more buildings going up everywhere and I think that there are even more cars. At present I haven?t got a car, and nowhere to live. My family is putting me up at the moment, but I am thinking of buying a flat. Big news! They?ve promoted me. Three days after I got back, the General Manager called me into his office and told me he wants to put me in charge of the ICT Division, with responsibility throughout China. He asked me if I would like the job---I said I certainly would. It?s wonderful. Thank you so much for all your help---I learnt so much in London. I get a big rise, of course, which, which means I can get a flat in the middle
of town. I probably won?t bother about a car---if I live centrally, then I can use public transport or taxis. The GM also said he thought it would be a good idea if you came out to talk about ICT with us. And so do I. I told him it was a very good idea indeed (his idea, of course!). So you can expect an invitation next month. I?d really like you to meet our team out here. I?ll be in touch again. Please give my love to everyone. Xiaoyan 1. What does ?nose to the grind stone? mean here? a. It means working very hard. b. It means returning to one?s home. c. It means looking for better opportunities. 2. How has Shanghai changed according to Xiaoyan? a. The public transport and taxis are better. b. There are more ICT companies. c. There are more buildings and cars. 3. What is Xiaoyan?s family doing for her? a. They let Xiaoyan live with them. b. They support Xiaoyan in her work. c. They give Xiaoyan money to buy a flat. 4. Is it possible that Xiaoyan can buy her own flat? Why? a. Yes. Because she?s got a better job. b. Yes. Because she?s got a higher pay. c. No. It?s very expensive to buy a flat in Shanghai. 5. What will Tim probably do next month? c b a c a
a. He will probably come to Shanghai to study ICT. b. He will send Xiaoyan a letter inviting Xiaoyan to his place. c. He will probably come and talk about ICT with Xiaoyan?s colleagues. B. Hi, Sharon, I?ve only got 10 days left in England. Can you believe I?ve already been here for a year? There?s so much to do before I leave! I really must buy presents for my English friends to thank them for all their help. I have to
move out of my room on Friday because Franco has got another tenant. At least I don?t have to find somewhere else to live. I?m going to spend a few days with friends. He is letting the whole flat because Mary is moving just before her marriage. The time has gone so quickly. I cannot believe that I?ve been here for a whole year. And I must start packing too--- I have bought a lot since I came, and I need another suitcase. I?ll give some things to charity shops I think. Anyway, I?m really writing to say that I?ll be back in Shanghai on the 27 April, and it would be great to see you to catch up on all our news. I?ll phone as soon as I get back. How are things with you? Love Xiaoyan 1. When will Xiaoyan leave England? a. a month later b. 10 days later c. a year later 2. Where will Xiaoyan live after moving out? a. She will stay in her friends? place. b. She will be on the plane to Shanghai. c. She will have to find a hotel to live in. 3. What will happen to Franco?s flat when Xiaoyan and Mary move out? a. It will be sold at a good price. b. It will be rented to other people. c. It will be kept for Xiaoyan when she comes back. 4. Why does Xiaoyan need another suitcase? a b a b
a. She has got more things than she came with. b. Her old suitcase is broken. c. She has to give things to charity shops. 5. What would Xiaoyan most possibly do when she sees her friend Sharon? a. To ask Sharon to show her around Shanghai. b. To talk about what happened to them recently. c. To show Sharon her new clothes. C
This small company is looking for a landscaper gardener Green Fingers, a small gardening company of just four employees is looking for a hard-working person to join the team. No experience of gardening necessary. Training will be provided. The successful applicant must own a car, be able to keep accounts, and work outdoors. ?18,000 plus 7% pension, 20 day's holiday, petrol allowance for car Contact Phil Sweet on 07979 700701 to find out more about the job or write to Green Fingers, 14 Heydon Drive, London SW12. 1. How many employees are there working now in Green Fingers? a. Five b. Four c. Six c b
2. Why does Green Fingers put an advertisement on the newspaper? a. The company needs a person to play a game with. b. The company needs a driver. c. The company needs another employee. 3. Which of the following is NOT required (要求)? a
a. The person must have been a gardener for five years. b. The person must own a car. c. The person must know how to keep account. 4. What other benefits will the employee get besides (除…..外) the salary? a. Part of the money for buying petrol for the car. b. A month's holiday. c. 7% of the company's profits (利润). 5. Who should the applicant contact by telephone? a. Green Fingers. b. Phil Sweet. c. The newspaper. D. I live about 35 miles from London. We live in a pub which is run by my family. It?s a lovely old building. People sometimes ask me what it?s like to live and work with my family all the time, but I always say I like it. We have a big house next to the pub and so it never gets too crowded, even though there are quite a lot of us. My grandparents, Annie and Jack, bought the pub 60 years ago. They don?t work in it any more, but they still
live next door. Everybody knows them, and people sometimes call the pub “Annie and Jack?s”. They are very proud of what they?ve done. My Mum, Jean, is their daughter. She?s spent all her life living here. My Dad, Jon, comes from a farm nearby, and now they run the pub together. I wonder if anybody will ever call it “Jean and Jon?s”? As well as me, my parents and grandparents, there are five other people living at the pub; my sister, Sue, and her daughter Kate?s 4 years old. She?s my first niece and my parent?s first grandchild, so she gets everything she wants! Margaret, James and Elizabeth live with us, too. Margaret is my mum?s sister, and she and James, her husband, help my mum and dad to run the pub. Elizabeth is their daughter. It?s a very popular pub and people come and people come from a long way away for Sunday lunch. 1. Where does the writer live?. a. In the center of London. b. In a pub outside London. c. In a village near London. 2. Who bought the pub? a. Annie and Jack b. Jean and Jon c. Margaret and James. 3. How many people are living at the pub? a. 5 b. 7 c c c. 10 a b
4. Why does Kate get everything she wants? a. She is very lovely. b. She can do some housework..
c. She is the child of her generation (一代人)in the family. 5. Why do people come to the pub from far away on Sunday? a. To have a chat(聊天) b. To have lunch. c. To see the writer?s grandparents 短文理解 2 A. The Weather in England
The weather in England can change very quickly. A sunny day will probably(很有可能地)become rainy and cold. One day last week, we went for a walk in the country. It?s about five miles from my home. When we started in the morning, the sky was blue and it was warm and sunny. There were no clouds at all. But in the middle of the day, a sudden rain came. There was a big wind, too. We didn?t bring our coats and umbrella. There were no houses nearby. We walked in the rain about half an hour. We all sneezed (打喷嚏)when we got home. I had a bad cold after that. People sometimes say that in England you can have four seasons in one day. 1. In England, the weather sometimes changes very quickly. a. Right. b. Wrong. c. Doesn't say. b c. Doesn't say. c c. Doesn't say. a c. Doesn't say. a a
2. We went for a walk although it was cloudy. a. Right. b. Wrong.
3. We enjoyed ourselves in the morning. a. Right. b. Wrong.
4. I was ill after walking in the rain. a. Right. b. Wrong.
5. The last sentence means that, in England, the weather can by very different in one day. a. Right. B. b. Wrong. c. Doesn't say.
The M25, the highway (高速公路) around London, opened in 1986. Today people call it the biggest car park (停车场) in Europe. Every morning on the radio we hear about traffic jams, accidents and road repairs on the M25. One day soon we will hear “there's a traffic jam all the way round the M25 in both direction. If you are driving to work, then it may be better for you to go back home." Winston Churchill (丘吉尔 ) once said that the car was the worst thing of the 20th century. This may be true of the next century, too. Every year about 5 000 people are killed on British roads. For children, road accidents are a major (主要的 ) cause (原因) of death. The newspaper usually says that the car is a good thing. But when you have a car and can only drive at the aped of a walking man, is it good to spend a lot of your money simply getting a car for that speed? 1. The M25 is the longest highway in England. a. Right. b. Wrong. c c. Doesn't say.
2. The M25 is a car park. b a. Right. b. Wrong. c. Doesn't say. a
3. It is possible that there?s traffic jam in both directions around M25. a. Right. b. Wrong. c. Doesn't say. b
4. 5,000 people are murdered (谋杀)on British Roads every month. a. Right. b. Wrong. c. Doesn't say.
5. The car may not be a good thing when it goes as fast as a walking man. a. Right. C. b. Wrong. c. Doesn't say.
Mr. John Smith works in a big company in New York. He works very hard and does very well in his work. Every summer, he travels abroad for his holiday. Last summer, he did not travel anywhere but went to a summer school and took a computer course. He said that computer is becoming more and more important in the modern world. He wants to catch up with the development of the world, besides he doesn?t want to fall behind （落 在……的后面）the young people in his office. At present, a lot of American adults (成年人)go to summer schools and evening schools for more education. They?re found that more education is needed to do their jobs well and make a better living. They attend classes to improve their knowledge and for the skills needed in their work. Large universities in the US are offering more courses for adult studies. In this way, the need for more education is being met and at the same time the lives of people have been better because of the adult education. 1. Mr. John Smith usually spends his holidays outside the country. a. Right. b. Wrong. c. Doesn't say. b a
2. Mr. John Smith was paid by his company to go to the summer school. a. Right. b. Wrong. c. Doesn't say.
3. A lot of American adults go to summer schools now because they had little education before. a a. Right. b. Wrong. c. Doesn't say. a
4. One of the reasons people take adult education is to make a better living. a. Right. b. Wrong. c. Doesn't say. a
5. Some of the courses are offered by large universities. a. Right. D.
c. Doesn't say.
Mrs. Black was having a lot of trouble with her skin(皮肤), so she went to her doctor about it. He could not find anything wrong with her, so he sent her to the hospital for tests. The hospital, of course, sent the result of the tests to Mrs. Black?s doctor, and the next morning he telephoned her to give her a list of the things that he thought she should not eat, because any of them might be the cause of her skin trouble. Mrs. Black carefully wrote all the things down on a piece of paper, which she then left beside the telephone while she went out to a party. When she came back home several hours later, she found her husband waiting for her. He had a basket full of packages 包） （ beside him, and when he saw her, he said, “Hello, dear. I have done all your shopping for you.” “Done all my shopping?” she asked in surprise, “But how did you know what I want?” “Well, when I got home, I found your shopping list beside the telephone and bought everything you have written down.” 1. Mrs. Black?s doctor didn?t know what was wrong with her skin. a a. Right. b. Wrong. c. Doesn't say.
2. The hospital sent Mrs. Black the test results. b a. Right. b. Wrong. c. Doesn't say.
3. Mrs. Black put the piece of paper beside the bed. b a. Right. b. Wrong. c. Doesn't say. c
4. Mr. Black usually does the shopping for the family. a. Right. b. Wrong.
c. Doesn't say.
5. Mr. Black thought his wife needed the things written on the paper. a a. Right. b. Wrong. c. Doesn't say.
IV. 句型变换：根据括号里的提示或利用括号里的词语改写下例句子。 1. “Can you get me the list of hotels, Susan?” said David. （用 ask, to 改写句子） David asked Susan to get him the list of hotels. 2. I opened the door. They could come in. （用 so 改写句子） I opened the door, so they could come in. 3. I?m a teacher and she is also. （用 so 改写句子） I’m a teacher and so is she. 4. She?s coming here. She?s signing the contract. （用动词不定式将两个句子练成一句） She’s coming here to sign the contract. 5. They carried the things to the van. （改为被动语态） The things were carried to the van by them.
6. He took the computer. （改为被动语态） The computer was taken by him. 7. He saw them. They left the house. （用动词的 ing 形式改写成一个句子） He saw them leaving the house. 8. Tim didn?t go to work next day. He cleared up the flat. （用 instead of 将两句练成一句） Instead of going to work, Tim cleared up the flat next day. 9. “When will the work be completed?” she asked. （改为间接引语） She asked when the work would be completed. 10. “Do the customers like the new atmosphere?” the reporter asked. （改为间接引语） The reporter asked whether the customers liked the new atmosphere. 11. South America is a continent. South America has always interested Alan. （用 that 将两句合成一句） South America is a continent that has always interested Alan. V. 英译汉。将下列英文句子翻译成中文。 1. I didn?t have breakfast this morning. 我今天早上没吃早餐。 2. The flat was in a bit of mess. 公寓里有点乱。 3. We needed to have the website redesigned. 我们需要重新设计这个网站。 4. Although it is very enjoyable, the film is too long. 虽然这是部非常有意思的电影，但就是太长了 5. Sandy is wearing a long, black, silk dress. 桑迪正穿着一条黑色的短丝裙。 6. I need to be at the airport by 6.00 o?clock. . 我得在 6 点钟前到达机场 7. We have enough money to improve the website. 我们有足够的钱改进网站 8. Do you take after your mother or father? 你长得像你妈妈还是爸爸？ 9. I have to move out of my room on Friday because Franco has got another tenant. 我得在星期五从房间搬出，因为弗朗哥又有了一位房客。 10. One of the biggest sporting events in the world is the Olympic Games. 奥运会是世界上最大的体育赛事之一。 11. It would be great to see you to catch up on all our news. 到时见了面咱们把这些日子发生的事好好聊一聊，会多开心啊。 12. I must have left the camera in a shop. 我肯定把相机落在商店了. 13. The accounts, which are in a bit of a mess, have to be ready for next month.
这些账本一片混乱,在一个月之内必须弄好. 14. I?ve asked John to check the computer. 我已经叫约翰来修理电脑了. 15. It would be great to see you again. 再次见到你很高兴. 16. He got on well with his sister. 他和他的姐姐相处得很好. 17. He pointed out that she needed a better violin. 他指出她需要一把更好点儿的小提琴. 18. They walked slowly along the road. 他们沿着那条路慢慢地走着. 19. She borrowed the book and gave it back on Monday. 她借了那本书,后来星期一把书还了. 20. I?m in a meeting until 1:00. 我开会开到一点钟.