天全中学 2015-2016 学年上期 12 月月考高 2015 级英语试题
本试卷满分 150 分，考试时间 120 分钟。 注意事项： 1. 答题前， 考生务必将自己的学校、 班级、 姓名、 考号用 0.5 毫米的黑色签字笔填写 在 答题卡上，并检查条形码粘贴是否正确。 2. 选择题使用 2B 铅笔填涂在答题卡对应题目标号的位置上，非选择题用 0.5 毫米黑色 签字
笔书写在答题卡的对应题框内，超出答题区域书写的答案无效；在草稿纸、试题卷上答 题无效。 3. 考试结束以后，将答题卡收回。
第一部分 听力（共两节，满分 30 分） 第一节 听下面 5 段对话。每段对话后有一道小题，从每题所给的 A B C 三个选项中选出最佳选 项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听完每段对话后，你都有 10 秒钟的时间来回答有关小题和阅 读下一小题。每段对话仅读一遍。 1. What does the woman like collecting best? A. Stamps B. Coins C. Train tickets 2.How
old is the man’s sister probably? A. About 20 years old. B. About 30 years old. C. About 40 years old.
3. What does the woman mean？ A. She will not stay at home. B. It is too late to swim. C. She won’t go swimming. 4. When does the bank close on Saturday? A. At 1:00 p.m. 5. What does Kate do? A. A teacher 第二节 听下面 5 段对话或独白，每段对话或独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的 A、B、C 三个选 项中选出最佳选项，并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话或独白前，你将有时间阅读各个小 B. A writer C. A visitor B. At 3:00 p.m. C. At 4:00 p.m.
题，每小题 5 秒钟；听完后，各个小题将给出 5 秒钟的作答时间。每段对话或独白读两遍。 听第 6 段材料，回答第 6 至 8 题。 6. What happened to the woman? A. Her bag was stolen. B. Her bag was lost. C. She got lost.
7. What was the woman doing when the incident occurred? A. Telephoning the Chinese Embassy. B. Reading a newspaper. C. Walking in the park. 8. What does the man most probably do? A. A journalist. 听第 7 段材料，回答第 9 至 11 题。 9. What are the two speakers mainly talking about? A. A book. B. A story. C. A character. B. A policeman. C. A photographer.
10. What does the woman think about the characters in the story? A. They are poor. B. They are active. C. They are not living.
11. How did the review（评论）of the book say? A. Good. B. Bad. C. Some good, some bad.
听第 8 段材料，回答第 12 至 14 题。 12. What does the woman want to buy for her son? A. A sweater. B. A shirt. C. A tie.
13. Why did NOT she buy the yellow one? A. Too small. B. Too bright. C. Too expensive.
14. How much does the woman pay at last? A. ￡15.88 B. ￡28.88 C. ￡13
听第 9 段材料，回答第 15 至 17 题。 15. What will they put on a show for? A. Money. B. Fun. C. Fame（名誉）
16. What will they perform in the show? A. Three popular songs. B. A musical play. C. Three pieces of music.
17. What will the man do in the show? A. Sing church songs.
B. Act as the stage director. C. Sing, act and dance. 听第 10 段材料，回答第 18 至 20 题。 18. How old is the sport of volleyball? A. Less than 100 years. B. Over 1,000 years. C. About 300 years.
19. Which of the following have a very long history? A. Running, jumping and basketball. B. Running, jumping and Chinese boxing. C. Running, Chinese boxing and basketball. 20. What can sports & games help people from different countries? A. Understand each other. B. Learn to fight. C. Become good friends.
阅读理解（共两节，满分 40 分）
第一节 (共 15 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 30 分) 阅读下列短文，从每题所给的四个选项(A、B、C 和 D)中, 选出最佳选项。并在答题卡 上将该选项涂黑． A As one comes to some crossroads, he or she sees a sign which says that drivers have to stop when they come to the main road ahead. At other crossroads, drivers have to go slow, but they do not actually have to stop unless, of course, there is something coming along the main road; and at still others, they do not have either to stop or to go slow, because they are themselves on the main road. Mr. Williams, who was always a very careful driver, was driving home from work one evening when he came to a crossroad. It had a “ SLOW” sign. He slowed down when he came to the main road, looked both ways to see that nothing was coming, and then drove across without stopping completely. At once he heard a police whistle (口哨声), so he pulled into the side of the road and stopped. A policeman walked over to him with a notebook and a pen in his hand and said, “You didn’t stop at that crossing.” “But the sign there doesn't say ‘STOP’.” answered Mr. Williams, “It just says ‘SLOW’, and I did go slow.”
The policeman looked around him, and a look of surprise came over his face. Then he put his notebook and pen away, scratched ( 抓 ) his head and said, “ Well， I'm in the wrong street！ ” 21. Mr. Williams was driving ____ one evening. A. to a party B. to his office C. home after work D. to work from home 22. When he was stopped by a policeman, he ____. A. was driving at a high speed B. was driving onto the main road C. was going to stop his car D. was driving slowly 23. Mr. Williams continued driving at the crossing because____. A. he didn't see any sign there. B. he paid no attention to the traffic rules C. he didn't have to stop D. he was eager to get home 24. Looking round Mr. Williams, the policeman was surprised because____. A. he met a mad man B. he realized that he himself was mistaken C. Mr. Williams dared to speak to him like that D. Mr. Williams would not apologize to him
B In choosing a friend, one should be very careful. A good friend can help you study. You can have fun together and make each other happy. Sometimes you will meet fair weather friends. They will be with you as long as you have money or luck, but when you are down, they will run away. How do I know when I have found a good friend? I look for certain qualities ( 品质 ) of character, especially understanding, honesty and reliability ( 可靠 ).
Above all else, I look for understanding in a friend. A good friend tries to understand how another person is feeling. He is not quick to judge. Instead, he tries to learn from others. He puts himself in the other person's place, and he tries to think of ways to be helpful. He is also a good listener. At the same time, however, a good friend is honest. He does not look for faults (过错 ) in others. He notices their good points. In short, a friend will try to understand me and accept me. Another quality of a friend is reliability. I can always depend on a good friend. If he tells me he will meet me somewhere at a certain time, I can be sure that he will be there. If I need a favor, he will do his best to help me. If I am in trouble, he will not run away from me. There is a fourth quality that makes a friend special. A special friend is someone with whom we can have fun. We should enjoy our lives, and we would enjoy our friendship. That is why I especially like friends who are fun to be with. A good friend likes the same things I like. We share experience ( 经验 ) and learn from each other. A good friend has a good sense of humor ( 幽默 ), too. He likes to laugh with me. That is how we share in the joy of being friends. And I know that he is looking for the same quality in me. When I meet someone who is reliable, honest, and understanding, I know I've found a friend! 25. Which of the following qualities the writer thinks is the most important in choosing a friend? A. understanding. B. honesty. C. reliability. D. a sense of humor.
26. If you have fair weather friends, ______. A. they will give you all that they have when you need help B. you will be refused when you get into trouble C. you will become rich D. you can be sure that you get real friends 27. Good friends need to ______. A. always point out each other's mistakes B. be helped with money
C. understand each other's feelings D. have money or luck 28. This passage mainly discusses ______. A. the qualities of a friend B. where to choose friends C. how to get along with friends D. the importance of having a friend
C Food we need Have you learned a lot about the kinds of food people need? They say that there are several kinds of food that people should eat every day. They are: (1) green and yellow vegetables of all kinds. (2) citrus( 柑桔) fruits and tomatoes; (3) potatoes and other fruits and vegetables; (4) meat of all kinds, fish and eggs; (5) milk and foods made from milk; (6) bread or cereal( 谷类), rice is also in this kind of food; (7) butter, or something like butter. What food counts People in different countries and different places of the world eat different kinds of things. Foods are cooked and eaten in many different kinds of ways. People in different countries eat at different times of the day. In some places people eat once or twice a day; in other countries people eat three or four times a day. Scientists say that none of the differences is really important. It doesn’t matter whether foods are eaten raw(生的) or cooked, canned or frozen. It doesn’t matter if a person eats dinner at 4 o’clock in the afternoon or at eleven o’clock at night. The important thing is what you eat every day. How shall we do? There are two problems, then, in feeding the large number of people on earth. The first is to find some ways to feed the world’s population so that no one is hungry. The second is to make sure that people everywhere have the right kinds of food to make them grow to be strong and healthy.
29. According to the scientists, which of the following groups of food is the healthiest for your lunch? A. chicken, apples, cereal, cabbages B. potatoes, carrots, rice, bread C. oranges, bananas, fish, tomatoes D. beef, pork, fish, milk 30. It is important for people to eat _______. A. three times a day B. dinner at twelve o’clock C. cooked food all the day D. something from each of the seven kinds of food every day 31. Which of the following is NOT true? A. People in some places don’t have enough to eat. B. There are too many people in the world. C. One of the problems is that no one is hungry. D. The scientists are trying to make people grow to be strong and healthy. 32. If there is Paragraph 4, what do you think is going to be talked about? A. When people eat their lunch B. What to do with the two problems C. How to cook food in different ways D. Why people eat different kinds of food
D Want to find a job? Now read the following advertisements. FAIRMONT HOTEL Five Waiters and Ten Waitresses — Aged under 22 — At least high school graduate — Good-looking; men at least 1.72 meters tall and women at least 1.65 — Those knowing foreign languages favoured — Paid 1 600—2 200 dollars per month
One Secretary — Aged under 30 — Female favoured — Good at writing and skilled at computer If interested, call 465-4768 or write to: Mr. Jack Hundris Room 0825, Fairmont Hotel 567 Wood Street, San Markers, 78003 Fax: 6954828 WILSON BOOKSTORE Accountant(会计) — Aged between 25 and 40 — With an experience of at least two years — With a degree and an accountant certificate(证书) — Paid 3 000—4 000 dollars monthly — With a practical knowledge of computer Salesclerk — Basic education of 12 years or more — Good at computer — Paid 1 800—2 200 dollars monthly Tel: 447-4398 Fax: 3485269 33. If you don’t know how to use a computer, you can just apply for the position as _______. A. a secretary C. an accountant B. a waiter or waitress D. a salesclerk
34. If you want to try for a job in Fairmont Hotel, you _______. A. have to be a woman and know foreign languages B. should be a university graduate C. have to be taller than 1.72 meters D. should be younger than 30 years old
35. From the ads we can conclude that _______. A. you’ll be better paid in Wilson Bookstore than in Fairmont Hotel B. all the jobs offered require experience C. the better education you’ve received, the more money you’ll make D. if you want to be an accountant, you may call 465-4768 第二节(共 5 小题；每小题 2 分，满分 10 分) 根据短文内容， 从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。 选项中有两项为多余选项。 My mother is a diligent and kind woman. She is very busy from morning till night. As a teacher, she works hard. ______36_____Both my brother and I love her dearly as she loves us. My mother has been teaching math at a middle school in my hometown. She goes to work early in the morning and does not return home until late in the afternoon. _______37_____She treats them with patience and teaches them well. For her excellent quality and very good teaching results, she has been elected as a model teacher several times. ______38_____Every day, when she comes back home from work, she sets about doing housework, sweeping the living room and bedrooms or cleaning the furniture, and putting everything in good order. She seems to be busy all the time. As she has been very busy working every day, she looks older than her age. But she looks as cheerful and happy as ever. Mother never buys expensive dresses for herself, but she often buys some inexpensive but high quality clothes for us._____39_____ She just eats a plain meal outside when she is too busy to cook herself. She lives a busy yet simple life, without any complaints. Often she says to us, “work while you work, and play while you play. That is the way to be happy. If you do not work, you will become lazy and be of no use to society”. What a piece of good advice this is! _______40_____This advice of hers will always serve as a guide to my behavior. My mother is great indeed, and I always feel proud of her. A. She enjoys listening to classic music. B. As a mother, she takes good care of us and gives us every comfort. C. She loves her students and cares for them.
D. She never goes to expensive restaurants to enjoy meals. E. My mother is hard-working and never wastes money. F. I never forget it and always bear it in my mind. G. Can you tell us something about your mother?
英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45 分）
第一节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每题 1. 5 分，满分 30 分） 。 There was a woman in Detroit, who has two sons. She was worried __41____them, especially the younger one, Ben, 42 __ he was not doing well in school. Boys in his class __43__ fun of him because he seemed so __44__. The mother __45 that she would, herself, have to get her sons to do better in school. She ___46__ them to go to the Detroit Public Library to read a __47__a week and do a report about it for her. One day, in Ben’s _ 48 _, the teacher held up a rock and asked if anyone knew it. Ben __49__ up his hand and the teacher let him 50 __.“Why did Ben raise his hand?” they wondered. He__ 51_ said anything; what could he possibly want to say? Well, Ben not only _52__ the rock; he said a lot about it. He named other rocks in its group and even knew ___53 the teacher had found it. The teacher and the students were ___54 _.Ben had learned all this from doing one of his book ___55__ . Ben later went on to the ___56 _of his class. When he finished high school, he went to Yale University__ 57__ at last became one of the best doctors in the United States. After Ben had grown up, he_ 58__something about his mother that he did not know as a _ 59__.She, herself, had never learned how to _ 60__ . 41. A.about 42. A.because 43. A.played 44. A.clever 45. A.asked 46. A.made 47. A.notice 48. A.class 49. A.looked B.on B.so B.got B.hard B.decided B.let B.message B.room B.gave C.with C.but C.took C.slow C.forgot C.told C.book C.office C.took D.over . D.though D.made D.quick D.heard D.considered D.question D.lab D.put
50. A.think 51. A.always 52. A.found 53. A.whether 54. A.afraid 55. A.pictures 56. A.top 57. A.so 58. A.learnt 59. A.doctor 60. A.read
B.leave B.even B.played B.when B.surprised B.exercises B.end B.and B.remembered B.child B.work
C.stand C.quickly C.knew C.where C.worried C.shops C.back C.or C.understood C.student C.teach
D speak D.never D.threw D.why D.unhappy D.reports D.side D.however D.guessed D.teacher D.show
第二节 语法填空（共 10 分；每小题 1. 5 分，满分 15 分） 阅读下面材料，在空白处填入适当的内容（不多于 3 个单词）或括号内单词的正确形式。 People __61__ (live) in different countries made different kinds of words. Today there are about fifteen hundred __62___ （ language ） in the world. Each language contains many thousands of words. A very large dictionary, for example, contains four __63___ five hundred thousand words. But we do not need __64__ these. To read short stories you need to know only about two thousand words. __65___ you leave school, you __66__(learn) only one thousand or more. The words you know are called your vocabulary. You should try to make your vocabulary __67__ (big). Read as many books as we can. There are a lot of books __68___ (write) in easy English. You will enjoy them. When you come across __69__ new word, look it ___70___ in your dictionary. Your dictionary is your most useful book.
第四部分：写作(共两节，满分 35 分) 第一节短文改错(共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分) 假定英语课上老师要求同桌之间交换修改作文， 请你修改你同桌写的以下作文。 文中共 有 10 处错误，每句中最多有两处。错误涉及一个单词的增加、删除或修改。 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号(Λ)，并在其下面写出该加的词。 删除：把多余的词用斜线(＼)划掉。
修改：在错的词下划一横线，并在该词下面写出修改后的词。 注意： 1．每处错误及其修改均仅限一词； 2．只允许修改 10 处，多者(从第 11 处起)不计分。 Dear Brad, I am a boy in the first grades of a senior high school. I feel uneasily recently. At home I feel like prisoner. I am not allowed to watch TV or surf the Internet. The only thing I have to do it is studying. Every time I got a low mark, my parents will scold me sharply. There's a generation gap among my parents and me, but it's always difficult to communicate. Life are supposed to be colorful and wonderful, isn't it? How should I devote all my time and energy to the study so as to entering a good university? I am very unhappy and lost. I need your help. Best wishes, Li Ping 第二节 书面表达 (25 分) 假定你是李华，希望通过外籍教师 Peter 找一个英语笔友。请写一封短信，描述一下你 理想中笔友的条件，并说明为什么选这样的笔友。具体条件包括： 1. 性别:女 年龄:二十几岁
2. 爱好: A.旅游 B.运动:游泳、打乒乓球 C.养宠物狗 3. 可以分享共同爱好。 4. 想提高自己的英语并了解对方国家的情况。 字数要求：100 字左右。 Dear Peter, I am writing to ask whether you are able to do me a favor.
Best regards, Li Hua
天全中学 2015-2016 学年上期 高 2015 级 12 月月考英语试题答案
听力（每小题 1.5 分，共 30 分） 1---5 CCCBB 6---10 ACBAC 11---15 CACBB 16---20 BCABA
阅读理解（每小题 2 分，共 40 分） 21-25 C B C B A A 21.文中第二段提到“?was driving home from work”可知，应选 C 项，意为 “下班后开车回家”。 22.第二段中提到“He slowed down when he came to the main road?”． 23.根据文章意思，Mr Williams 只需要慢行，不必停下来。 24.根据文中“I’m in the wrong street!”可知警察最后知道是他自己弄错了。 B 试题分析：本文主要是关于一个好朋友究竟应该具有的品质—understanding, honesty and reliability 并对各个品质进行了详细地说明。 25. A. 答案在第二段第一句。 26.B 推理题。根据第一段 2，3 行. Sometimes you will meet fair-weather friends, who will be with you as long as you have money or luck, but when you are down, they will run away.说明这样的朋友会在你遇见困难的时候离 你而去，故 B 正确。 27.C 细节题。 根据文章第二段 1,2 行 Above all else, I look for understanding in a friend. A good friend tries to understand how another person is feeling.说明好朋友要善于理解别人，故 C 正确。 28.A 主旨大意题。根据文章主题段第一段 How do I know when I have found a good friend? I look for certain qualities (品质) of character, especially understanding, honesty and reliability (可靠).说明本文主要是关于一个好 朋友究竟应该有什么样的品质。 C. 26—30 B C A A D 31—35 C B B D C 36-40 BCEDF
29.A 解析：题干：按照科学家的说法,作为午饭下列那组食物最健康?通过看选 项得知,只有 A 项所列食物分别属于不同的种类. 30.D 根据原文 .In some places people eat once or twice a day; in other countries people eat three or four times a day. Scientists say that none of the difference is really important. It doesn't matter whether foods are eaten raw or cooked, canned or frozen. It doesn't matter if a person eats dinner at 4 o'clock in the afternoon or at eleven o'clock at night. 得知,A B C 三项均是错误的. 31.C 根据原文 Nowadays there are two problems in feeding the large number of people in the earth. The first is to find some way to feed the world's population so that no one is hungry. The second is to make sure that people everywhere have the right kinds of food to make them grow to be strong and healthy 得知 A B D 三项是正确的. 32.B 题干：整篇文章作者接下来会谈及什么问题?根据最后一段 Nowadays there are two problems in feeding the large number of people in the earth. The first is to find some way to feed the world's population so that no one is hungry. The second is to make sure that people everywhere have the right kinds of food to make them grow to be strong and healthy 的内容 可以推测出,作者将谈论解决这两个问题的方法. D 33.B 根据文章“Five waiters and Ten Waitresses ---Aged under 22 ---At least high school graduate ---Good looking; men at least 1.72 meters tall and women 1.65 ---Those knowing foreign languages preferred ---Paid 1600---2200 dollars per month”可看出答案。 34. D 根据文章“FAIRMONT HOTEL Five waiters and Ten Waitresses ---Aged under 22”和 One Secretary ---Aged under 30 可看出答案。 35.C 从文中可以看出，学历越高，收入就越高。
完形填空（共 20 小题；每题 1. 5 分，满分 30 分） 41--45 AADCB 46—50 CCADD 51—55 DCCBD 56--60 ABABA
【解析】 这是一篇记叙文， 文章讲述的是 Ben 由一个反应迟钝的孩子成长为一名 出色的大学生的经历。 41.A 考查介词。be worried about 担心??。 42.A 考查连词。后面这句话是前面内容的原因，这从句子的意思上可以直接看 出来。 43.D 考查动词短语。 结合前面母亲的担心可知孩子们应是 “取笑” Ben。 make fun of 取笑。 44.C 考查形容词。孩子们与 Ben 开玩笑的原因是他的反应较慢，这从所给的四 个词的词义上可以看出。 45.B 考查动词短语。由于孩子们的学习不好，母亲才会做出决定自己努力去帮 助他们。 46.C 考查动词。 tell sb to do sth 告诉某人做某事。AB 项搭配不对。
47.C 考查名词。到图书馆肯定是去读书的。 48.A 考查名词。根据下句"the teacher held up a rock" 可知这是在课堂上。 49.D 考查动词。put up one’s hand 举手。 50.D 考查动词。根据上句可以知道 Ben 举手之后，老师是会让他发言的。 51.D 考查副词。 前文已经提到， Ben 的反应较慢， 所以他从不回答老师的问题的。 52.C 考查动词。根据下句"he said a lot about it" 可知 Ben 对 rock 应该懂 的很多。 53.C 考查连词。Ben 甚至知道老师是从哪里找到的这块石头。 54.B 考查形容词。当听完 Ben 的回答之后，老师和同学们一定会吃惊的。 55.D 考查名词。Ben 的这些知识都是从他读的书籍的报导中得到的。 56.A 考查名词。根据下句"When he finished high school, he went to Yale University."可知 Ben 已经成为了一名好学生。 57.B 考查连词。 the 顺承关系。 58.A 考查动词。 Ben 的一些知识和思想是从他母亲那里学来的。 went to Yale University 和后面的 at last became one of
59.B 考查名词。Ben 现在所懂的知识是他小时候所不了解的。 60.A 考查名词。文章整体贯穿的是读书。
语法填空（共 10 分；每小题 1. 5 分，满分 15 分） 61 living 66 will learn 62 languages 67 bigger 63 or/to 68 written 64 all 69 a 65 Before /When 70 up
短文改错(共 10 小题；每小题 1 分，满分 10 分) 1. grades---grade 2.uneasily---uneasy 3. prisoner 前加 a
4. 去掉 it
书面表达 Dear Peter, I’m writing to ask whether you are able to do me a favor. I want to have a pen friend, hopefully a girl in her early twenties, and with interests similar to mine. In my mind, she is someone who is interested in traveling, swimming, and playing table tennis. Besides, it would be better for her to have a pet dog as I have kept one at home for some time. With such a pen friend, I think I can share with her our traveling experiences, taking care of pets, or whatever we have in common. And I believe I will improve my English by doing so and learn more about her country. I look forward to hearing from you soon. Best regards, Li Hua